The "Fast Cars" EP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Remember a few months ago when Axver posted an Achtung Baby EP that he thought was superior to the album, and most of us thought he ruined the record? Well, I've done the same thing with Bomb - that is, I've created an EP from it that I think is superior to the album, but most of you will think I've ruined the record :wink:

I call it the "Fast Cars" EP:

1.Love And Peace Or Else(album)
2.A Man And A Woman(album)
3.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own(96 BMP Radio Edit)
4.Fast Cars(Jacknife Lee Mix)
5.Native Son
6.Smile
7.Original Of The Species(Single Version)
8.One Step Closer(album)

Much better :)

I think that is worse :)
What criteria did you use to select the tracks? Do they have to from Bomb, B-Sides or Unreleased Bomb? What can't go on there?

Yes, you are right. It is worse. You can't cut it back to 8 tracks. And where are Miracle Drug, City of Blinding Lights, All Because of You, Crumbs From Your Table and Yahweh? 3 of the best songs right there.

thelaj said:
I think that is worse :)
What criteria did you use to select the tracks? Do they have to from Bomb, B-Sides or Unreleased Bomb? What can't go on there?

Any track on Bomb, any different mix of any Bomb track, and any other track recorded during the Bomb sessions(i.e. Tracks from Unreleased&Rare).

COBL_04 said:
Yes, you are right. It is worse. You can't cut it back to 8 tracks. And where are Miracle Drug, City of Blinding Lights, All Because of You, Crumbs From Your Table and Yahweh? 3 of the best songs right there.

I can cut it back to 8 tracks, that's why it's an EP.

And taking those songs out and putting in stuff like Fast Cars, Native Son, Smile, is the point. To take out those sounds that sounded like U2 trying so hard to sound like U2. COBL is fine but overrated. ABOY and Crumbs are boring. Fast Cars, LAPOE, and Native Son are far better rock songs from U2. MD is like COBL...U2 trying to sound like U2...only on this song it's more awkward. Yahweh...I actually enjoy the live acoustic performances, but the studio version is bland and boring imo.

The idea with this EP was/is to show a fresher, more alternative, more un-U2 U2 of 2005.

All imo.

U2 // Unos Dos Tres (Cuatro!)

1 // Vertigo [Jacknife Lee 10" Mix]
2 // Fast Cars [Jacknife Lee Mix]
3 // Miracle Drug [Redanka Mix]
4 // City of Blinding Lights [Phones PDA in NYC Mix]
5 // Love and Peace or Else
6 // Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own [Alternate Version]
7 // Original of The Species [Single Mix]
8 // Yahweh

The main difficulties I had with this were:
What mix of Vertigo - it came down to JL Mix or Album bersion
What mix of SYCMIOYO
And finally, Xanax and Wine or the JL mix which is also good.

Last edited:
^^ :lol:

You had a good idea... ABOY and Vertigo out and Smile in it's just :drool: :drool:

But I love COBL and MD - I know you don't :wink: - so it would not work for me.

Wow, my version of HTDAAB and yours are almost polar opposites!!

I'd have:-

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Miracle Drug
3. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
4. Love and Peace or Else
5. A Man and A Woman
6. Mercy
7. Original Of The Species (Single Version)

As an EP you probably wouln't want an 8th track (that's already about 32 mins), but I reckon the next best song released in 2004/5 is Levitate.

Back
Top Bottom