The ending of LPOE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dabiggestu2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Do you guys and gals think the ending of LPOE is very weired? I mean i love the ending guitars but it first starts low it almost sounds like it was recorded by the spanish dudes then the drumbs kick in and then its like the guitars sudenly get louder all the sudden and it sounds like someone realized it was too low and changed the sound all the sudden! When i d/l that song i thought it was just a problem with the MP3 but now that i have my cd its the same there? did anyone else notice this?

BTW if you are wondering which part i mean its at the 4:06 minute mark of the song?

Any comments opinions on this??

Conscious production: imagine the Edge starting off his solo down a long hallway--when the sound suddenly "kicks in", it's like he's kicking in the door of the room you're sitting in.
The kind of thing Eno loves to do.

I see it as Edge starts playing the solo underwater and gets closer and closer to the surface until the music breaks through like an underwater geyser spraying into the air.

I noticed that when I first listened too; someone mentionned something along the same lines when they said they could hear a wave breaking at the beginning of Miracle Drug (if you listen, it's there). Whoever wrote that said that it could be an homage to the Spanish clips. :wink: But I just think they did it that way because it sounds damn cool.

Edge may be testing out new technology on next year's tour -- I'm technically illiterate, but the gist of it is an amp that can project a sound to a specific area. Imagine it like a wave, that starts at the front and slowly (or quickly) rolls over the crowd until it reaches the back. Edge'll be tsk-tsking for my pitiful explanation, but I reckon you all get the gist of it. The guitar solo at the end of LAPOE is PERFECT for this new tech. :drool:

They just cut all the high frequencies and slowly faded them back in. Quite simple to do really and this is a great use of that effect. I love it.

At first I thought it was just my cd, then I noticed it was on my limited edition as well. I don't like it that much. I wish they just bought it in slowly instead of suddenly.

Back
Top Bottom