The Elevation Mexican Wave Pitstop!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what a bomb!

Refugee
Ok, time for some of us to think back to the gigs you went to over the year, did you start a Mexican Wave? Do you join in on them? or do you sit on your arse thinking "I'm too mature to join in with sillyness like that" Do you know how to do one? Have you ever had food or drink knocked out of you hand from a over-excited fan doing a Wave? Do you want to wave goodbye to the Mexican Wave at gigs and have it replaced with something else? How about a Mexican Fart? a whole cloud of bums lifting from seats to force one out in the style of a Mexican Wave? Should be safe as most arenas have banned smoking so there wouldn't be a massive Fart fireball exploding in the middle of the arena!
For the record, while in the heart at Earls Court 18th August, a group of guys in the middle were gesturing to the crowds up in the stands to throw their arms up in a wave, and boy, did it take time for them to catch on! a few false starts but the glorious Wave eventually did a full circuit a few times!

Anyone for a taco? please raise your arms.

I'm confused.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I'm confused.

My first impression was that he had been to Taco Bell, but nah, there are not such things in the UK.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I'm confused.

Me too.

------------------
"It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

"Tonight with us, we have people who turned celebrity on its head. Celebrities are supposed to be somebody special, film stars, rock stars, we're celebrities. Supposed to be heroes, but we're not heroes. We're very selfish people who enjoy what they do, thank you very much. But here tonight we have from the fire department of New York City, from the police department of New York City, men and women that came down to catch the U2 show tonight. Theirs is the kind of bravery that can truly change the world." --Bono, Notre Dame, October 10, 2001

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 11-21-2001).]

Originally posted by what a bomb!:
For the record, while in the heart at Earls Court 18th August, a group of guys in the middle were gesturing to the crowds up in the stands to throw their arms up in a wave, and boy, did it take time for them to catch on! a few false starts but the glorious Wave eventually did a full circuit a few times!

Anyone for a taco? please raise your arms.

I WAS ONE OF THOSE GUYS
eek.gif

Lol, were you in the heart?? Well, me and my mate were right up the front, in the Ireland jerseys, with the Irish flag, hehe, yeah, the paddies, and beside us were all these pissed outta their skulls scots who were gas, and they started doin the wave thing. But as you said, took a while, but when we saw they were getting a response we joined in, then the whole feckin place started doing it
biggrin.gif

It was great though, such satisfaction when it actually worked and we realised the whole Arena was responding to our waves!

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Omg, Yes mexican waves rock, for those of you who don't know what that is c'mon it's what Bono did in the Stuck vid
smile.gif

I dunno about erm mexican farts tho although if you have enough beans or something erm..might cause a bit of that but eek
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Yeah Lazyboy me and a mate was stood by the heart ramp on the left hand side (Adam's side) I was all in black with a t-shirt that has the popmart logo in white on the left breast and it has "LOCAL CREW" underneath the logo. Why am I'm saying this for? yeah sure you are gonna remember what shirt I was wearing! lol
Or you may remember seeing a little guy with glasses jumping up and down like a dog trying to look through a window trying to peer over the crowds heads behind the heart while we were waiting for U2 to come on! lol!

I was in the heart in London too!! I remember it. It took _very_ long time and alot of attempts from us in the heart before people actually understood that they could continue after one round, not stopping when it hit the wall on the other side.

In Stockholm we did it during the whole setup between the opening act and we still did it when U2 came onstage and then everyone kept standing. And every single person in the house was into it. It was fun to see how Dallas and all the crewpeople followed the wave around the house with a big amazed smile on their faces while they were doing their job. It was really a party in the Globe even before the show started. We almost made it rolling away.
biggrin.gif
LOL ( The arena, called the Globe, looks exactly what it's called, like a globe, or a football)

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Back
Top Bottom