The Edge possibly a better vocalist than Bono?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As much as i love edge, i do think his voice is better suited to backing vocals. he is good - but hes not bono. and i think bonos voice has actually got better these past few years, a bit more raw. whenever you hear bono and edge singing together bono does tend to sing right over edge... bono just puts his heart and soul into a song and it realy shows. i love edge, but bono should stick to the mike thats for sure!

Plus i think it would be wrong to take over as lead singer like he has done sometimes..it makes an unbalance. think how slighted edge would feel if bono (if he had the talent!) started playing lead guitar. it would cut edge out completely. they are all perfect in their chosen roles!

at the popmart sarajevo concert bono lost his voice and edge had to do alot of the vocal work, it was the first time he did SBS and he did it so well he sang it for the rest of the tour. i get the feeling though that they would have postponed any other concerts if bono lost his voice but sarajevo was just so absolutely important. another example of edge at that concert was the chorus of pride which he did pretty well but not as good as bono IMO

Back
Top Bottom