The Edge in Rock Guitar Documentary "It Might Get Loud"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

light

The Fly
According to
Variety.com

'Loud' rocks guitar documentary
Davis Guggenheim to unveil film at Cannes

Davis Guggenheim has completed filming on a documentary that will look at the story of the electric guitar from the point of view of three significant rock musicians: the Edge, Jimmy Page and Jack White.
Guggenheim, director-producer of "An Inconvenient Truth" and "Deadwood," directed and co-produced "It Might Get Loud," which Thomas Tull financed and produced. The Little Film Co. will represent the pic in Cannes.

Led Zeppelin's Page, U2's the Edge and White, leader of the White Stripes and the Raconteurs, were chosen for their impact across three different generations -- from Page's 1960s days as a session musician and a member of the Yardbirds into the Edge's unique sound developed in the '80s through White's current work. Each explains and demonstrates how he changed the sound of the electric guitar to suit his own style. Pic includes a jam session featuring the three guitarists.

Pic was shot in London, Dublin, Nashville and Los Angeles. Bert Ellice and Hyperion Entertainment are exec producers; music supervisor Peter Afterman of Inaudible and Lesley Chilcott, a producer on "An Inconvenient Truth," are also producers.

Sweet! such a good idea

i do think Jack White is a bit overrated though...don't get me wrong, I think he's awesome, but most of what he does is bluesy rock. I don't know how much he "changed the sound of the electric guitar." perhaps he can be credited with bringing back the whole garage rock sound?

ah well, he rocks either way, and then obviously Page and Edge...should be fun to watch. and a jam session with all three of them? really? :drool: that is such a good plan

Good for the Edge, I'm happy for him but... those sure are some strange picks for guitar geniuses! Jimmy Page is :bow: but the other two... :scratch:

Zootlesque said:
Good for the Edge, I'm happy for him but... those sure are some strange picks for guitar geniuses! Jimmy Page is :bow: but the other two... :scratch:

They're not the most logical choices, but Edge and White are both well known by the average music listener, and even the younger ones.

you know what would have been a great choice? tom morello :drool: there's a man who really re-invented the guitar... badass riffs combined with solos that sound almost nothing like a guitar...like the DJ scratching technique of Bulls on Parade...pretty sweet

still i'm looking forward to this.

Zootlesque said:

See, that's what I was thinking too! But for some reason I think Slash is not considered one of the guitar greats. :sigh:

Maybe if GNR had gotten around to producing a larger catalog.

Not really a big White Stripes fan, but I dig Jack White and am completely envious of his career. And the guy has a massive sound, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom