The Edge Best Guitarist active in The World Again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
give him an effects and delay pedal he would be there on judgement day...........................

Being technically skilled DOES not make you a fully better guitar player than others. It makes you better in that department but that’s not what it’s all about. Take The Fly’s riff for example, that’s a really simple riff yet it sounds REALLY good, isn’t that what matters? It’s a great song isn’t it? The same goes for Led Zeppelin’s Whole Lotta Love, it’s a simple riff and it’s at the same time one of the best ever! You are a great guitar player if you are a great songwriter, that’s why The Edge is so good, his sounds and riffs are original and they never feel out of place inside the songs, they all move really well and complement each other. Just like Keith Richards and James Hetfield. Sure Edge leans on his style a lot but that’s because he made something not many can, which is actually create a specific sound that is original, interesting and unique. And of course it’s not just about being a good songwriter, it’s the combination of other little things too. But everyone can learn all the scales in the world, it’s knowing how to use them that it’s important and thinking of different places to go with what you got, I don’t care if you are making a super difficult thing or if you’re just playing some power chords as long as it sounds good than I'm happy. Plus I think The Edge is very good technically speaking too. :up:

:edge:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom