The Edge a great singer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge is an extraordinarily talented person he is a composer, guitarist, pianist, lyricist and backing singer, what he isn't is an amzing showman ala Bono, so no but he is great

What the hell happened here? Just so you all know ... all these from me posts where NOT intended. What? Hope a moderator deletes all the similar posts and this one. And the count only says 4 replies.

Last edited:
he's a great backing vocalist but he couldn't be a great frontman like bono. could you imagine Edge climbing the stage on the War tour, pulling someone out from the crowd or donning the immortal Fly shades??!!

Yeah, the Edge complements Bono's voice very well. I think it'd be neat to see him play frontman more often (say, doing one song a night like he did during PopMart), but Bono's still a more dynamic performer and a better singer.

Edge's voice is no where NEAR as developed and poweful as Bono's. "talent" aside, I think Bono's voice is much better simply because he's been singing for almost 30 years. Technique-wise, Bono still has a lot to learn, but to date I haven't heard Edge sing anything that makes me believe his technique is any better than Bono's. When Edge sings, he just sings along, there's no emotion or anything special about it. He's a great backup vocalist, but if he had been the designated frontman, today I'd probably be like "U- who?"

Back
Top Bottom