The Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"With or Without You" has the greatest guitar I have EVER heard! ...'Nuff Said!

Sleep Over Jack said:
Yeah Zeppelin only had one great song...

Ok.......;)

obiously you need to learn how to read my posts correctly. Their signature song is stairway to heaven. As I stated i prefer many songs much much more, but most people consider that their best song. Me, i prefer thank you, since i been loving you, what is and what should never be or immigrant song. But if were are ranking say the top 50 songs of all time, i don't see zep with more than one.

Well that is their most "famous" song to the average person since thats all they have heard, pretty much.

"even page only has one truly great song (stairway)"

Why didnt you just say "one truly popular song" (which isn't true anyway) if thats what you meant?

Oh and drop the condescending tone please.

The_One1932 said:
SRV or eddie van halen were never part of songs like one, wowy, BD, wtshnn. even page only has one truly great song (stairway) which i think is overrated compared to my fav zep stuff. Clapton has tear is heaven which really... isn't that great (don't say layla either though), he won sympathy grammys. Jimi was god, but his songs weren't good enough to be in the upper echelon of rock history. Only three guitarists; keith, edge and george, have been a part of multiple great great songs. SRV and EVH are nowhere to be found in the greatest songs of all time.

?? maybe not *your* greatest songs of all time, whatever those are, I for one would never include wowy or bd in a top 10 of U2 songs...as said, music is not Olympics, it's not winner takes all. U2 Applied for the job of best band in the world. But they actually understand irony. I am glad there is more than just U2, however great they are. Are you truly not open minded enough to have a listen to other artists?

Back
Top Bottom