The double digit leak thread: Leak Thread 10.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone have an account at waffles or what.cd?

i´m monitoring the release group IRC rooms and it isn´t there. waffles etc put on 99% of them. so it´s not possible at the moment that it shows up there because it wasn´t in a release group tracing IRC room.

and here i am. yes. thats true because i had a good talk with a universal music guy. as for japan, they will start t he pressing in japan on sunday and then it goes out to the retail. thats totally common for big major acts to prevent leaks.

wow, well that's one really good way of preventing a leak. Sunday at the earliest now? But we'll get some tracks over the weekend kudos to the radio.

Come on I have a 10.5 hr (coach) flight on Saturday followed by a bloody 4 hr flight on Sunday. What would normally be an endurance test full of annoyances and boredom could be turned into a beautifully restful time for contemplating the new album - if the effing thing leaks!! And I promise I'll buy the posh version when its available.

good question. i hadn't heard that, but it could be posted somewhere in the mess of tortellini posts.

you would think they would have to start pressing them soon though to fulfill all the online orders.

I have a hard time believing they aren't pressing albums already. For a video game release thats expected to sell a million copies, they start pressing discs at least 2 weeks before the street date. For a game that is expected to sell over 2 million copies, they start pressing discs up to 5 weeks in advance.

I have a hard time believing they aren't pressing albums already. For a video game release thats expected to sell a million copies, they start pressing discs at least 2 weeks before the street date. For a game that is expected to sell over 2 million copies, they start pressing discs up to 5 weeks in advance.

which is also why i'm shocked/not sure i believe that they won't start until sunday. especially if they're releasing it on wednesday in japan. that's a very short time frame.

wow, well that's one really good way of preventing a leak. Sunday at the earliest now? But we'll get some tracks over the weekend kudos to the radio.

yeah, we'll probably have 4-5 songs by the weekend to hold us over. and then someone in Japan will rip the album next tuesday.

The only review that came out based on one listen was the Andrew P. Street review. Every other reviewer listened to the album over a period of days.

Really?

Guess, it's obvious that I haven't been reading/following/keeping up with the reviews.

After the Q magazine, RS and first Neil McCormick one, I decided reading descriptions of songs I haven't yet heard, just isn't for me.

and here i am. yes. thats true because i had a good talk with a universal music guy. as for japan, they will start t he pressing in japan on sunday and then it goes out to the retail. thats totally common for big major acts to prevent leaks.

If this is true, and it doesn't leak, I am seriously going to kick someone's ass.

(probably my own)

:rant:

yeah, we'll probably have 4-5 songs by the weekend to hold us over. and then someone in Japan will rip the album next tuesday.

i've been such a whore with the clips and such. i've been trying to make sure i listen to the album as an album properly. i'd rather not just listen to tracks say...1, 2, 5, 10. in that order or whatever. but i'm sure i will if i must. im a dirty slut when it comes to this stuff.

which is also why i'm shocked/not sure i believe that they won't start until sunday. especially if they're releasing it on wednesday in japan. that's a very short time frame.

Its believable that they aren't pressing yet for the Japan release or even in Ireland because they don't need as many discs in those areas, but for bigger markets it sounds nuts.

But they'd definitely have to start pressing in Japan before Sunday. They'd probably have to be ready to SHIP by Monday.

me 2, I think that's bullshit. I think they have already pressed tons of copies

i´m monitoring the release group IRC rooms and it isn´t there. waffles etc put on 99% of them. so it´s not possible at the moment that it shows up there because it wasn´t in a release group tracing IRC room.

That seems like the best place to watch for it. Keep us posted. I should get on MIRC

Perhaps they're saying that the album is not it production yet, but really it is? Just to throw us off.

then the album would have leaked 3 weeks ago. even the "golden" master disc arrived and they start it to duplicate it at a pressing plant, a release group supplier grab it and a leak happen in about a day.

it´s not about 1 pressing plant. this will be made in many of them. and then it´s no problem to start on sunday and deliver it til the 25th.

My brother lives in Tokyo. I just sent my my sister-in-law an email asking (actually begging is more like it) to go out first thing in the morning, buy the album, rip it, zip it and email it to me. She is not computer literate so I told her we could just do it while on skype. Let's see if she comes through for me.

Perhaps they're saying that the album is not it production yet, but really it is? Just to throw us off.

it´s because they already know that they can´t prevent a leak when it´s in mass production. it´s the best source for the release groups because the low key worker are their supplier.

My brother lives in Tokyo. I just sent my my sister-in-law an email asking (actually begging is more like it) to go out first thing in the morning, buy the album, rip it, zip it and email it to me. She is not computer literate so I told her we could just do it while on skype. Let's see if she comes through for me.

if things running well, you can expect it on monday or at least tuesday.

i've been such a whore with the clips and such. i've been trying to make sure i listen to the album as an album properly. i'd rather not just listen to tracks say...1, 2, 5, 10. in that order or whatever. but i'm sure i will if i must. im a dirty slut when it comes to this stuff.

yeah, me too. i've just accepted that it's part of my personality, lol! the way i look at it, i'm more concerned with how i feel about the album 5 years from now than how i'll feel about it on the first listen. all this other stuff is part of the fun for me now.

Please ask her to make it in 320kbps mp3s or flac :)

That seems like the best place to watch for it. Keep us posted. I should get on MIRC

its a really good thing because in the tracing rooms it´s totally easy to see whats coming up next. you can follow the whole process from the race to the ftp into the public net. and i´m watching these rooms regulary but nothing happen at the moment.

Seem's you're our best connection with the people who are going too leak the album thefly1979, keep going!

its a really good thing because in the tracing rooms it´s totally easy to see whats coming up next. you can follow the whole process from the race to the ftp into the public net. and i´m watching these rooms regulary but nothing happen at the moment.

if you ask them if they know they are getting it will they say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom