The double digit leak thread: Leak Thread 10.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very cool. this is consistent with what i read on @U2 too, so i'm pretty sure this is legit.

i'll listen to them. i've already heard the beach clips and 45 second previews, so i'm not really concerned with my "first listen" being ruined. it's the lasting impression that means the most to me. :)

:up:

I was so sure that we'd have a leak any minute, that I never bothered to get the 45 second clips. I wish I could listen to them now, but I guess at this point I can wait. If there is no leak or radio play this week, I may just wait until release day and watch Linear first :drool:.

Waking up and checking these threads every morning is like waking up on Christmas morning and Santa forgot to come.

Its like 1988 all over again :|

I heard, and this is just a rumour, that after they play the Brit Awards tomorrow night, that they're heading back to Fez to re-record bits of the album. Apparently during rehearsals last week, Edge was playing some real 'Molten Metal', and instead of being someone elses cockatoo, Bono suggested they re-record bits of the record.

:hyper:

:up:

I was so sure that we'd have a leak any minute, that I never bothered to get the 45 second clips. I wish I could listen to them now, but I guess at this point I can wait. If there is no leak or radio play this week, I may just wait until release day and watch Linear first :drool:.

oh wow. i didn't know you held out on the 45 second clips!

i've actually stopped listening to them for a couple days now. the more i was waiting for a leak, the more i was listening to the clips, and it was starting to drive me a little crazy.

oh wow. i didn't know you held out on the 45 second clips!

i've actually stopped listening to them for a couple days now. the more i was waiting for a leak, the more i was listening to the clips, and it was starting to drive me a little crazy.

Well--I listened to them when they were still available on their respective sites. But they've been down for a while now. I don't particularly want to have parts of songs completely fresh and parts completely memorized at this point--too jarring for a first full listen I think. That's why, on an album scale, I'm glad Boots is a middle "break" between the record halves.

Well--I listened to them when they were still available on their respective sites. But they've been down for a while now. I don't particularly want to have parts of songs completely fresh and parts completely memorized at this point--too jarring for a first full listen I think. That's why, on an album scale, I'm glad Boots is a middle "break" between the record halves.

i will admit, the synth intro of Magnificent is my ringtone right now, lol!

but i hear you. and i was worried about the clips distorting my first listen a little too.

After this does leak, I'm gonna need a bit of time away from interference...been staring at the screen for days...

060803_first_second_life.gif

i no longer listen to the clips either, it can ruin a song for years cos your memory always goes back to the clip rather than a emory a feeling or whatever, altohugh magnificent does keep popping into my head as well as stand up, but im not listening no more, i wont do it

i will admit, the synth intro of Magnificent is my ringtone right now, lol!

but i hear you. and i was worried about the clips distorting my first listen a little too.

mine too :love:

yeah after listening to them way too much I decided I was going to abstain from the clips until the album came out... that lasted about two days :sigh:

i no longer listen to the clips either, it can ruin a song for years cos your memory always goes back to the clip rather than a emory a feeling or whatever, altohugh magnificent does keep popping into my head as well as stand up, but im not listening no more, i wont do it

i wouldn't say for years. when we had the ATYCLB clips, i would say i forgot about the clips within a couple days after i heard the entire album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom