The Definitive U2 Bootleg Collection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: The Definitive U2 Bootleg Collection

Blue Room said:

5-5-83 Boston, an absolutely perfect soundboard recording of the entire show, many of the songs from this show are what appeared on UABRS.

You have great knowledge, but this is incorrect IMO. Only 11 O'Clock Tick Tock is taken from this show. Most of UABRS is from Lorelei 8-20-1983. And if I remember correctly, only Gloria is from Denver.

My tip for the list: Zooradio live from the USA. Perfect sound, great interview bites and very cool interference. Perfectly ZOO!

Re: Re: Re: The Definitive U2 Bootleg Collection

Soulrock2 said:

You have great knowledge, but this is incorrect IMO. Only 11 O'Clock Tick Tock is taken from this show. Most of UABRS is from Lorelei 8-20-1983. And if I remember correctly, only Gloria is from Denver.

My tip for the list: Zooradio live from the USA. Perfect sound, great interview bites and very cool interference. Perfectly ZOO!

LOL, chill dude, maybe so.
Who cares, I meant to say that part of UABRS was taken from from this show. Talk about splitting hairs!! LOL Sorry my semantics were not exactly right for you. Does that make ANY difference about the show being great quality or that a portion was used in UABRS?
:eyebrow:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Definitive U2 Bootleg Collection

Blue Room said:

LOL, chill dude, maybe so.
Who cares, I meant to say that part of UABRS was taken from from this show. Talk about splitting hairs!! LOL Sorry my semantics were not exactly right for you. Does that make ANY difference about the show being great quality or that a portion was used in UABRS?
:eyebrow:

Oops... Sorry man.

It's funny how you have corrected people in the past many times when it comes to bootleg info (and that's cool with me), but if I just want to give some more info you seem to be offended. :eyebrow:

Well, typical internet miscommunication I guess...

Blue Room said:

Actually it was played 7 times on the Lovetown tour. But who is counting! :)

Me. :wink: Hawkmoon 269 was actually played eight times on Lovetown, seven in Australia and one in The Netherlands. It was also snippeted in Cologne on Elevation and I've seen some people count that as the ninth performance (though I don't).

Also, that Boston show that was used for the UABRS CD, wasn't it actually 6 May, not 5 May? Whatever the case, the unedited bootleg version of 11 O'clock Tick Tock is so much better than the one that appeared on the CD. The edit job they did on that was appalling.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Definitive U2 Bootleg Collection

Soulrock2 said:

Oops... Sorry man.

It's funny how you have corrected people in the past many times when it comes to bootleg info (and that's cool with me), but if I just want to give some more info you seem to be offended. :eyebrow:

Well, typical internet miscommunication I guess...

I'm not offended. Yes, I have pointed out errors in other peoples posts before on similiar subjects but typically its been the focus of the thread. Like was "x" song played, or what is the date of "x" show. If someone had the wrong show answering the focus of the thread, yes I pointed it out. I did this list off the top of my head and the point of the thread is what are good bootlegs. So I was a bit puzzled at the point of your post?? Thats all. Plus what I said wasnt exactly incorrect. I could have pointed out that you were incorrect in your response as Party Girl was also from Red Rocks on UABRS not just Gloria. But I didnt because that was not the point of the thread. My response to Mikal about Hawkmoon was really half joking as I know he was about Hawkmoon being played twice. Maybe I was misinterpreted on that comment. It happens.

Axver, was it 8 times? I thought it was 7 on Lovetown? Hmm, wonder which show I'm forgetting. Again that was off the top of my head so I may have missed one. I dont count the Elevation Cologne version though. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom