The Crystal Ballroom - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, maybe I'm missing something but I'm not getting the hype for the new songs.

You're reading a U2 forum. There's hype here for EVERY new song.

I agree with your comments about Bono. I think he ruins the new album. The vocals are far too loud and his lyrics continue to be weak and awkward.

I agree with your comments about Bono. I think he ruins the new album. The vocals are far too loud and his lyrics continue to be weak and awkward.

Wow,really? I think the whole band is on top form.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

My comments weren't about the new album. I love the new album and think it's their best since the 90s. My comments were about the bonus acoustic tracks only.

See, this is a perfect example of textbook trolling. It was obvious he was only talking about the acoustic sessions, but you had to make this statement which you've made SEVERAL times. If you have to keep repeating yourself then you're doing it wrong.

I love this tune, and yes one of the best songs from the session, but it was right to leave it off the album. It doesn't fit. Putting it in would have created what I feared Chris Martin was trying to foster 'just pick all the best songs from each album and release that'. In glad they out out an ALBUM that had by only the innocence theme, but also a good sonic cohesion. If they was a standalone single, or even the Super Bowl single, that would be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I posted this in the other thread, but is anyone else picking up a 'A Freak Like Me Needs Company' vibe from the chorus?

Seriously - requests two posts after Sicy told everyone to go to the appropriate thread?

If you go to U2 Uruguay's twitter feed the link is in there.

Said this in another thread. This song would fit perfectly in Napoleon Dynamite.

Seriously - Do people NOT know to unzip files and use a search engine ?

As someone who abhors all things twitter and wont have an account or even look at it, I found the link about 10.30 this morning PST

I love this tune, and yes one of the best songs from the session, but it was right to leave it off the album. It doesn't fit. Putting it in would have created what I feared Chris Martin was trying to foster 'just pick all the best songs from each album and release that'. In glad they out out an ALBUM that had by only the innocence theme, but also a good sonic cohesion. If they was a standalone single, or even the Super Bowl single, that would be amazing.

I can see your point... but I placed it between EBW and California and it works really well. Better than I thought it should. Sonically it's super smooth and kind of messes up the poppier first side a bit. Try it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom