The crowd in Popmart Mexico 1997 is better than Milan in 2005...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevated_u2_fan said:

LOVE the drunk chick talking to her boyfriend... :up:

Or the guy trying to sing along not knowing the words and out of key... :drool:

:lol: Or "Booonnnoooooo!!! Booooonnnnnoooooo!!!!!"

Just to add a lil more fuel to the fire here, av heard Adam say that european crowds are best to play to as they know how to really let go.

The Milano crowd did respond well to City Of Blinding Lights, the guitar intro was a nice feature...

I think if Hamish had released the full Milan DVD, then this would be a fair comparison, but then again I am basing it off a few songs.

Since I'm mexican, I agree 100% with the title of the thread :D

Now seriously, is very dificult to compare shows, to start the audio in this filmed concerts is heavily edited, so if the director feels like you have to hear more the crowd he just pumps up the volume.

Speakling of Popmar Mexico, there was no GA, all was seated, of course we all ended up standing on the chairs, my opinion is that if that show would have had GA, the crowd would have looked better.

In the end it's a matter of opinions, generally biassed opinions. And my opinion is that the loudest U2 crowds are the Mexican, the Brazilian and the Italian, in no particular order.

I don't know about the best crowd, but the worst crowd is definately the US. Man are they boring!!!

The thing about the mexican crowd is we don't get as many great concerts as europe and the state do. So when loves comes to town we really let it rip. Personally, I was at both concerts (Popmart Mexico 97 and Vertigo Milan 05) and Mexico kicked milan's ass by a landslide.

The crowd in "I don't give a shit" 2007 is better than the crowd in "I couldn't care less" 2006.

Back
Top Bottom