The Concerts You've Been To

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My first U2: Melbourne, Sep 1984 :hyper: I was still in high school and remember being so frightened that my mum wouldn't let me go, LOL :wink:

2. U2 at Pairc Ui Chaomh (spl!) in Cork, Ireland 1987 .. on Edge's birthday too. What can I say? :drool:

3. The first 3 Melbourne shows on the Lovetown Tour, 1989 ... I would of gone to more :hyper: but was heading overseas to Greece for a holiday!

4. The two Melbourne MCG shows of the Aussie ZooTV tour, 1993. The first one was magic ... my crafty sister came along and managed to sneak us (including my friend here, U2Bliss) from our seats way up in the stands down to the field, LOL. It had to be done! :ohmy:

5. 13 long years later, saw U2 in Sydney (3rd show) Nov '06 and just stood there in amazement for the most part, thinking .. OMG! It's U2! Then, followed by both Melbourne shows the following weekend.

Must say, that last Melbourne show was just absolutely brilliant!! Looking back on that list, I count myself as a pretty lucky fan :)

only lucky enough to see 18 and 19 /11 vertigo in melb as i was too young for the rest, although i remember sydney Zoo Tv broadcast on TV and blowing my mind.

fucking life changing fo me.

so i will be spending my savings and doing all the next U2 Oz gigs. and mabey NZ too. got alot to make up for.

mysterious_jen said:
so i will be spending my savings and doing all the next U2 Oz gigs. and mabey NZ too. got alot to make up for.

Two just isn't enough :drool:

Although i should stop after the already life changing two i've been to, i just can't.

Who the fuck needs a place to live and food to eat anyway?

coolian2 said:
Although i should stop after the already life changing two i've been to, i just can't.

After closing the 25/11/06 gig with that incredible One Tree Hill, do you really need to see U2 again? :wink:

I'll have to seriously debate it next time they tour. Ending on that note is just the ideal way for me - certainly, if I could pick a way for my time seeing U2 live to end, that's it. But if they bust out Heartland or something ... I'll probably buy a ticket.

In any case, my gigs:

24 May 2005, Boston
26 May 2005, Boston (the best overall)
28 May 2005, Boston (second best overall)
6 November 2006, Brisbane rehearsal - a year ago right now, I was watching U2 from a hill outside the stadium in the pouring fucking rain!
7 November 2006, Brisbane
11 November 2006, Sydney
13 November 2006, Sydney
18 November 2006, Melbourne
19 November 2006, Melbourne
24 November 2006, Auckland
25 November 2006, Auckland

ZOOTVTOURist said:
1. Glasgow II, 08.08.1993
(Edge's birthday show, pure fun on stage & in the audience. Edge is forced by the other three to perform his 1987 classic "Lost Highway" – with fighting himself solo through the lines, and the others laughing. A brilliant setlist with a ton of snippets, one of the best U2 shows ever, I guess ...)
B]

This was my first gig and I guess it's probably still my favourite. I agree ZOOTVTOURist, a brilliant setlist, the first ever live performance of Zooropa and the best closer of all time - Love is Blindness/CHFIL.

Pity there doesn't seem to be a bootleg DVD out there!

Zoo TV April 07, 1992: Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center (1st U2 show, 1st rock concert ever, I was in the 8th grade and was BLOWN away!!)

Popmart, April 25, 1997: Las Vegas, NV @ Sam Boyd Stadium (Bad U2 show, but you could feel the hype/excitement in the air)

Popmart November 23, 1997: San Antonio, TX @ Alamodome (Better than Vegas, Popmart was rolling)

Elevation, April 02, 2001: Houston, TX @ Compaq Center

Elevation, April 03, 2001: Dallas, TX @ Reunion Arena (Both shows were great)

Elevation, November 05, 2001: Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center, Univ. of Texas

Vertigo, May 07, 2005: Chicago, IL @ United Center (Best version of Bad I’ve ever seen, Bono singing it less than 20 ft. from me was a true moment in my life)

Vertigo, October 28, 2005: Houston, TX @ Toyota Center (Arguably the best U2 show I’ve been too, they were so on and LOUD this night. Seeing Fast Cars helped too )

Vertigo, February 12, 2006: Monterrey, Mexico @ Tecnológico Stadium (Best U2 experience, nothing beats U2 in a stadium. And seeing how universal U2 was something I truly appreciate now).

I’ve been blessed to see & experience U2 9 times. The feeling I get of nervousness/excitement right before U2 hit the stage is something no other band can replicate. U2 Live is life changing.

Earnie Shavers said:
Just three:

Popmart Sydney - Memorable for the unique atmosphere more than anything. At the end of the show, a large electrical storm rolled in right over the stadium and for One Bono had the Popmart screen and all the lights in the stadium turned off. The band had the faintest of spotlights on them so they could see what they were doing, but otherwise it was pitch black all around aside from the odd lighter or green exit sign. They played one of those really quiet versions of One, the crowd singing along in full voice, punctuated by the occasional flash and crack of nearby lightning, or boom of thunder. The fact that this came straight after MLK being dedicated to Michael Hutchence, who had died in Sydney only 4 months previous, and Bono being out on the end of the runway singing MLK to him when the storm struck and rain started pouring over the crowd, was more than a little weird. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place, including Bono who stopped for a while during MLK when the rain hit - just one of those moments. After One there were no goodbyes from the band. The screen stayed off, the lights stayed down, and INXS' "Never Tear Us Apart" came on over the speakers. About halfway through the houselights came back up and everyone just stood where they were singing along. Really cool.

Vertigo Sydney 1 & Vertigo Sydney 3 - Overall the 3rd show was way better than the 1st, particularly the encores where Edge seemed to just go bezerk. Running around the stage, jumping up on the drum kit rise. Blistering Mysterious Ways in particular. Real party atmosphere at the end. The highlight though was probably the roar of the crowd when the lights flicked off at Sydney 1 halfway through Wake Up - just a couple of months shy of 10 full years since U2 had played Sydney. It was Really. Fucking. Loud.

Dude, that Popmart story sounds awesome.

I remember when the thunder first struck, we all looked at each other cos Bono had just mentioned Michael. Then when he yelled for the lights to be turned off, we just all stood there, staring at the sky at the lightning, getting drenched. And yes, everyone but everyone joined in singing Never Tear Us Apart. It was spinetingling.

And then we squelched all the way home.....

28th October 1989 - Lovetown Adelaide. My 1st U2 show, so it will always hold a special place in my heart. My memories are getting a little sketchy, but i clearly remember the red background for WTSHNN as the boys came on stage. I also remember looking around during AIWIY and seeing grown men with tears in their eyes and thinking 'this is REALLY special'. Before that night I was a U2 fan, after that night i was obsessed!!

16th November 1993 - Zoomerang Adelaide. My (now) husband and I had only been together 6 weeks when we went to this show. We met because of U2, but that's a whole other story. A really good show, very impressive visually, but I wasn't a huge fan of Zooropa, so its probably my least favourite show.

16th November 2006 - Vertigo Adelaide. Exactly 13 years to the day since I last saw U2!! This took over from the Lovetown show as my favourite U2 show. Everything was just perfect - from the lovely people we met lining up all day in the spring sunshine. Getting a terrific spot right on the B stage, screaming my lungs out when Bono appeared right in front of us draped in the Aussie flag during COBL, crying my eyes out as Bono stood only feet from me during Miss Sarajevo, bawling during Kite...every moment was sheer joy!!http://www.flickr.com/photos/acrobat73/sets/72157594385442798/

18th November 2006 - Vertigo Melbourne. Another incredible show, not a bad moment! The only u2 show I have seen outside of GA, so that was a different experience, being able to take in the entire visual aspect. This was especially awesome during WTSHNN and Pride - watching down on 50,000 people jumping and singing as one!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/acrobat73/sets/72157594385438528/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyusP1TH0w8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKEp2P04z6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIDoF2WK1E

Vertigo

17.05.2005 Philadelphia (shit seats, good show)
26.11.2005 Montreal (GA, oh my god it was the best thing ever oh my god)

ZooTV -Madison, WI 1992 (September, I think. I don't have the exact date off the top of my head.)

Honestly, I don't remember much about the show. My aunt, cousin and I had what should have been good seats - first row of the stadium bleachers, dead center. But there were tee shirt stands set up at the back of the football field, and we could not see over them. IT SUCKED. I also remember smelling a lot of pot smoke. I don't remember much of the concert, which is okay - I have all those Zoo shows memorized via bootlegs anyway. :wink:

PopMart - Madison, WI summer 1997 (again, fuzzy with the date).

AWESOME. More than made up for the ZooTV show. A coworker convinced me to buy one of his overpriced tickets. $150 for 14th row on the field (seems cheap now, right?). It was so worth it. I enjoyed the concert much more in person than I do watching the PopMart shows via bootleg. It loses so much when translating to the small screen.

Vertigo:

4/24/07 Seattle - GA, about 3 heads back from the outer rail. I just about lost my shit, I was so excited.

4/25/07 Seattle - reserved seat, but it was nice to be able to see without having people's heads and arms and raised cell phones in the way. It was one of the best concerts I'd ever seen. Seriously roof-raising stuff, including the premiere of the Vertigo encore.

4/??/07 Vancouver - second Vancouver show, I was on the floor way in the back. Nonmemorable show other than the girl getting onstage during Yahweh and playing grab-ass with Bono. The crowd was really aggressive, and I saw standing next to two giant assholes. Had more fun hanging out after the show with friends than I did at the show.

10/10/2007 New York City - I'm so grateful for the opportunity to go see them in NYC, thanks to a very kind friend with an extra ticket and a big heart. About 2-3 heads back from the outer rail. Amazing show.

11/5/07 Las Vegas - ELLIPSE! FINALLY! The most amazing concert. Being mere feet from the stage helps a lot, but it was simply a great concert despite that. Yet again, thanks to a friend with a big heart and a spare ticket.

12/19/07 Portland - GA again, way in the back. Another good show. The end. :(

Back
Top Bottom