The comeback of the falsetto!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
It was reported some time ago (by Bono himself I think) that Bono couldn’t do the falsetto anymore because of all the smoking and the drinking. The falsetto, which became one of his trademarks in the 90’s, was now mostly being done by The Edge. However I don’t think that Bono has used the falsetto so much on an album before, the songs SYCMIOYO, A Man And A Woman, City Of Blinding Lights and Crumbs From Your Table all have the glorious high notes being hit by Bono on important moments of the songs.

It seems like the man has gotten his voice back in shape! :applaud: Do you like it? I really do. I think he uses it really well on this album, it’s not as strong as Lemon or whatever, it’s used in a more subtle way but it really helps passing the message. It was one of the first things I noticed when I heard all of the songs! :up: :up:

The falsetto is fantastic, by both the Edge and Bono on this record!!! Used in the perfect places!

Would someone out there send me SYCMIOYO? I have dial up.

Thank you!!!!! :bow: :bow:

walktothewater (at) gmail.com

or

cmeu289 (at) yahoo.com

please :bow:

Bono mentioned something in the Times interview today which has been posted here already about him being able to hit notes that a man his age shouldn't be able to. Throughout the album his voice sounds as impressive as anything since AB.

ascender_RS said:
Bono mentioned something in the Times interview today which has been posted here already about him being able to hit notes that a man his age shouldn't be able to. Throughout the album his voice sounds as impressive as anything since AB.

I think his voice is great. It's not as good as it once was, not even during Achtung Baby, but it gets the job done and it's a tough job to pass those emotions across. He is singing much better than many young singers today and is still a very reconizable and strong voice with a lot of personality and soul I think. There some really good singing moments on HTDAAB. :up:

Back
Top Bottom