The Chicago DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
In the DVD of their perfomance in Chicago Bono says let me teach you some Gaelic. and of course he does the countdown for Vertigo.
Well isn't that Spanish and not Gaelic??

redkat said:
I still haven't taken this dvd out of the shrink wrap :reject:

Lucky!

The shows were good and all (I was there), but the DVD is poo. Vintage poo. Just like Bono's Gaelic and his cringe-worthy "jokes" about said Gaelic.

I bought the DVD the day it was released, watched about a few of the songs and haven't touched it since :reject:

I don't know... ordinarily I would agree that many times Bono says too much clumsy nonsensical shit on stage... but I have to say that I did laugh at the gaelic comment! It was at least more funny than saying... 'okay, it's time for some spanish lessons!' Yeah, sure... wrong spanish!!!

Justin24 said:
In the DVD of their perfomance in Chicago Bono says let me teach you some Gaelic. and of course he does the countdown for Vertigo.

I think he was talking about the music.

Though the crowd in Chicago didn't seem to notice a band was playing anyway.

RademR said:
I bought the DVD the day it was released, watched about a few of the songs and haven't touched it since :reject:

i bought the dvd the day it was released too.
i've only watched the fan documentary (cuz i was on it for a second :wink: )
i haven't even watched the concert dvd :laugh: :reject:

nice meeting you in chicago btw, rademr :wave:

Justin24 said:

Bono tried to say it in Gaelic, but Bono failed Gaelic, because he got it confused with his excellent Spanish and counting skills :wink:

Nate Dogg said:
I'm a die-hard. I've watched and enjoyed the DVD many times.

Yup. :yes: I've only watched it a handful of times, and while I can't say I was thrilled with the mile-a-minute camera action during Vertigo, I've enjoyed the dvd itself. I probably would've enjoyed it even more if I'd never read all the negative stuff on here. :shrug: Didn't love the bonus footage much, but I'll never shy away from a pro-shot U2 dvd....

utoo i think your right, reading so many people bitching about something really does end up taking away your enjoyment of watching or listening to the thing they bitch about.

weaird really

david said:
i can't wait for the milan dvd

Ditto!

And now this rumor of an IMAX...! :drool: Most IMAX films end up on dvd, too...so we may have 3 shows from this tour officially released! :hyper:

whats not to like about the DVD? Other than the annoying fact that Bono says "Chicago" about 400 times during the show.

It is the Tour DVD from HTDAAB, not another album - hence it should focus on that album.

You should watch Popmart if you wanna see POP songs. If Popmart had a load of R&H songs I am sure people would be a little pissed off.

It seems to me that people hate U2 becoming a greatest hits bad on the road, unless they are playing POP & Zooropa.

Re: Re: The Chicago DVD

Ellay said:

Though the crowd in Chicago didn't seem to notice a band was playing anyway.

They were all pretty sedate weren't they? They only really got into it during streets.

I really didn't like the set list, I mean nothing from zooropa or pop, and of course they played the obligatory pride, SBS, New Years Day and bullet the blue sky. Which I for one think are sounding pretty tired. Still it was good to hear the real early stuff An Cat dubh, into the heart and electric co

I enjoy it but have to agree about the audience... they're like... dead! it's always like that, I feel the same about the Boston DVD

that' because we, latin americans, rock (ok, maybe we are not passionate, we are just crazy)

Jack In The Box said:
I enjoy it but have to agree about the audience... they're like... dead! it's always like that, I feel the same about the Boston DVD

that' because we, latin americans, rock (ok, maybe we are not passionate, we are just crazy)

:yes:

The Miami show was INCREDIBLE spirit wise. Even when Bono was outside talking to people with the camera, the folks from Latin America came running up with their flags, making all this noise. Us Miami natives were :ohmy:
And the Bomb Shelter was full of flags from different countries. Very rowdy. :drool:

Utoo said:

so we may have 3 shows from this tour officially released! :hyper:

I'm obviously not a true u2 fan, wot is the third one?

What's so special about the milan dvd? How does it differ from chicago?

Back
Top Bottom