The Brit Awards were last night? What happened?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

I just heard on ET that the Brit Awards were last night, was U2 there? Did they win anything? Any British people or anybody else know anything about this? I'm surprised we didn't hear something here!

"From The Financial Times:

Nation's love of 'bubblegum pop' is out of tune
By ASHLING O'CONNOR

The Brits, held in London last night, might have been fashioned in the image of the
Grammys but they continue to hold little in common with the world's biggest music
awards ceremony.

For a start, U2, the best-selling touring act of 2001, did not even merit a single Brit
nomination. The Irish foursome are next week up for eight Grammys including album
and song of the year. Yet Robbie Williams, Britain's best-selling male solo artist and
winner of the best British male award, could walk around most US cities largely
unrecognised. Critics of British music say the obsession with "bubble-gum pop" and
the quest for instant fame evinced by television shows such as Pop Idol has hindered
the export of talent.

Dido and Gorillaz performance were fucking excellent!

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the reports! I thought U2 were supposed to be there or were at least up for a few things, was there nothing for our boys?

I'm glad I made it known a year or more ago how much I disliked the Brit Awards.

------------------
"Very strange looking object you have at the end of your stick.." - Bono

"Bono looks too intense for me." - Rollercoaster Tycoon park guest

"I was drunk, high on him, a shrinking, shadowboxing dwarf following in his foosteps...badly...STARSTRUCK.." - Bono, on meeting Frank Sinatra for the first time

"Bono? Bono is going to tie ropes around my neck? Wait a minute.." - Edge, when shooting the 'Numb' video

Originally posted by AM:
Destany?s Child best international group - yeah right
icon13.gif

Exactly what I thought. I did like Dido and Stings performances though. The rest of it sucked.

The Brits are shit, excuse my french. Stereophonics, the best selling album this year in the UK got just one nomination. They weren't asked to perform either. Worst awards ever...its all about the $ in a weird twisted way, not music.

Back
Top Bottom