the "Boom-Cha mood"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FullonEdge2

Refugee
Sometimes when I listen to songs off Pop, I get into an energetic mood similar to the Achtung mood, but not quite the same. It's a little more flashy, yet darker. It's hard to explain, but I get this mood sometimes from listening to such songs as Discotheque, Mofo, Last Night On Earth, or Miami. Can anyone vouch for experiencing this type of mood? Is it actually separate from the Achtung mood?

When I listen to Pop I have a more dark and depressing mood. Please, If God Will Send His Angels, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, and Wake Up Dead Man are what I like from Pop. I find you don't get that with the Achtung mood.

POP is probably the 7th album on my chart. I don't love it but I like some stuff: Gone :drool: :drool: :drool: is fantastic and my favourite, Please, WUDM and SATS are solid too. In Mofo I dislike Bono's distorted voices, but it's still cool.

In the other hand, Miami, IGWSHA, TPM and IYWTVD are some of the song I less like in all U2 career.

It's a dark and catchy album, with some good stuff but many rubbish IMO. It's easy to like but it's also easy to hate. I'm in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom