the book "U2 Show" and a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well, someone said on here just lastweek that its in this book. its under the thread about bono lip-synching or something. i'll paste the link here in a sec if you dont believe me.

i forgot which forum it was on. it was about the "bono using back tracks?" help me find it. :(

i just got the book and am reading through it now. but havent seen anything about the speeches yet. i always thought he did them himself. maybe they're thinking of another book....

does he for sure write his own speeches and stuff for onstage?

Yes, he does.
The only highly unusual exceptions were some of the speeches on the Zoo Tour, which were composed in collaboration with some other contributers. For the best account of this, please read "U2 At the End of the World" by Bill Flanagan, which will be sure to convince you that Bono is indeed a very clever and talented fellow (about which you seem to have some major doubts.)

MattFromNYC said:
biff: um, where do you get the idea that i have thge general assumption that bono is not a clever and talented person????

Um, perhaps the suggestion that he doesn't write his own speeches, and that perhaps he lip synchs? Why give credence to these insinuations otherwise? (And I have noticed your other posts, which are somewhat disingenuous.)

any person who would give creedence to Bono lip-synching, among other things is not a very good ear.

I remember that thread. It was hilariously terrible.

i didnt post the lip-synch or backing track thread. someone else did, and i saw the bit about "U2 Show" in there. i was reading the book tonight and thought of it and thought i'd ask while i had the book out. thats all.

and i fucking know he doesnt li[-synch or whatever the heck the oroginal poster was insinuating. if you read my original reply to (one of the 2 or 3 topics like that) i said i didnt hear anything of the sort going on during the bootleg at all and tried to give an example of what it may have been.

besides, theres been so many of those goddamn lip-synch, backining track threads i cant keep track.

"does edge use tracks?" "does bono use tracks?" "does my shit turn pink if i tell a bad joke and then use back tracks because it was too pink"... :huh:

Back
Top Bottom