The Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whatever compliments or insult the album gets, remember this, its opinions not facts. There is no right or wrong answer as to whether its a great album or not. If people are fed up about the good comments, well you're just gonna have to live with it, same with all the people who are fed up of the insults.

IMO, there will always be tracks you dislike and like. These are Bono's lyrics and U2's music, they come up with the stuff, its up to us if we want to listen to it.

Welcome to the Forum ozeeko, enjoy your time here!

ozeeko move to another forum;
Bono why are you singing so high? thats not your register...the songs on Bomb are great but i dont think the tone comes as really natural for you...
utoo your'e so right:up:

YBORCITYOBL wrote: Do you really feel they have become non-relevent?
YES!
artistically/musically relevance imo means doing some experimental some kind of weird never heard before stuff. it has to do with being brave and having balls. the last 2 albums lack all of this:down:. instead they became very middle-of-the-road. okay they sell a lot of tickets, they are very successful with that but artistically and musically they became lame ducks. the same league as jon bongiovi...:down: the same withe the conception of their shows...nothing really special, just a bloodless mix of (zootv / popmart / elevation) :down: - commercial successful? very successful yes! artistically & musically relevant? no!
hey, don't forget this is just my mega humble opinion. seriously!
:rockon:

But there's not much out there right now that sounds like U2. And still they are successful. It seems to me they must still be relevent b/c they haven't gone to Rap/R&B, or they haven't gone to the sound of Nickleback both of which are popular these days.

I just think for U2 to still exist, but not only exist but suceed after all these years, they must be doing something right.

I like The Bomb or HUT DABmadspit: but i won't argue with anyone except when:
1.They have no arguments
2.I know he/she is wrong
3.Someone bashes it like one guy did few months ago

jacobus said:
YES!
artistically/musically relevance imo means doing some experimental some kind of weird never heard before stuff. it has to do with being brave and having balls.

Dear...oh dear. What exactly was original about U2's music in the 90s? :huh: Great though it looked, it was hardly music that was 'never heard before'.

Can you name me one decent band who were influenced by the "never heard before music" U2 made in the 90's?

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is not more than the sum of its parts, and it fucking pisses me off. - Bono, Rolling Stone Interview

Canadiens1160 said:
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is not more than the sum of its parts, and it fucking pisses me off. - Bono, Rolling Stone Interview

I'm glad he feels that way, even though I think the Bomb is a great album. There is some hunger in that quote. More U2 songs to come. :drool:

I absolutely love "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb". It is currently my favorite U2 album. I think the whole thing flows really well and the songs fit perfectly into their tour set list!

Alright, alright, alright. I just read about 50 threads and it was the equivalent of getting kicked in the sac. I'll speak no more of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Maybe, but most likely not, I will learn to like it. Anywayz, I'm glad you all like it. I'm actually jealous because I want a new U2 album that I can like. Hopefully next go around I will approve of the album they put out. But for now...I'm gonna go make toast in the bathtub. And I will be listening to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

ozeeko said:
Alright, alright, alright. I just read about 50 threads and it was the equivalent of getting kicked in the sac. I'll speak no more of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Maybe, but most likely not, I will learn to like it. Anywayz, I'm glad you all like it. I'm actually jealous because I want a new U2 album that I can like. Hopefully next go around I will approve of the album they put out. But for now...I'm gonna go make toast in the bathtub. And I will be listening to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

I have to admit ozeeko, I do feel just a little bit sorry for you. You have been kicked in the sac, thrown into a garbage can, and beaten over the head with a ford truck in this thread and your other thread in Where the Album has no name. Good luck discovering HTDAAB :wink:

ozeeko said:
The newest one is like taking ATYCLB, putting it in a microwave, cooking it on High for 10 minutes, taking it out, feeding it to your dog, waiting for him to crap it out, taking the crapped out album, and reheating again. Basically, reheated shit.

:lol: Funny stuff and I kinda agree. But for some reason I still like the reheated shit more than the original. :eyebrow:

I really do believe that HTDAAB is the first time that they have not really pushed boundaries (besides for LAPOE and Fast Cars). ATYCLB, despite its faults, was an utterly original album for U2. HTDAAB is a better, more guitar driven version of ATYCLB, but not very original.

I like HTDAAB better than ATYCLB.... I can listen to the whole of HTDAAB without switching songs while ATYCLB has me skipping songs around.

Back
Top Bottom