The bitching thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
I have decided I'm going to write all my complaints about U2 matters in this thread here.

I don't care if anyone pays attention or contributes, I'll just get stuff off my chest!

I shall now go away and return in a few moments to write my first complaint...

My first bitch...

The inclusions of All That You Can't Leave Behind songs on the Best Of 1990 - 2000.

Yes, I understand why it was done. "Ooooo... Lets throw the most recent stuff that was popular and commericially successful on it to lure in more non fans"

Ok. So Beautiful Day came out in 2000, so that's justifiable, however Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of came out in 2001 and everywhere (correct me if I'm wrong). So that's just plain stupid throwing it on a Best of 1990 - 2000.

However, I personally think All That You Can't Leave Behind songs should not have been included at all. They don't really fit with the 90's material. Maybe subsitute those songs with The Fly or Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Personally I'd prefer Mofo coz I like it, but... However Miss Sarajevo was only on ther because Bono liked it - is that the reason?

I think that'll do for my first bitch.

OK, I've got one (although it will be interesting to see if this thread survives for long):

Why in the world would you leave The Fly and Lemon off of the Best Of 90-00? When you think back to the 90's, are these not two songs that could basically sum up what U2 was all about?

The Fly was Bono's primary alter-ego all throughout the ZooTV tour (both on and offstage) and up through HMTMKMKM - half of the decade. The song was the band's first single entering the new decade with their new style, look and sound. And it contains some of Edge's most innovative guitar work ever.

And Lemon - not only is this a masterpiece, but it was practically the theme of MacPhisto, the most famous stage prop/effect of the entire Popmart tour, and probably one of U2's best made videos to date.

And lest you should say "yeah, but all of that is behind them now" - the video for SIAM had two football teams playing each other: the Fly's and the Lemons. And the Fly was performed regularly throughout the Elevation tour, and was considered a highlight by many.

Last edited:
Zoocoustic said:
(although it will be interesting to see if this thread survives for long)

Good point :p

I dont have a problem with constructive critisizm but if the thread results in arguing and name-calling.. well................. :wave:

stuck in a moment was released to radio in europe late in 2000, while north america got walk on.

after the world wide release of the eleveation single to coincide with the 'tomb raider' movie, the switch a roo was done again between the two continents.

i agree they should not be on this best of. maybe the next one.

i have stated my beefs so that everyone is well aware of them. however, i will use this time to say that i dont hate atyclb, rather it simply bores me for a u2 album.

sounds rediculous, yes? well i cant help it, it just doesnt do it for me. others will say the same thing about pop, and i suppose thats fine, right? each to their own.

as for any new beefs, i dunno. i wish bono would stop asskissing. i know its for a good cause and all, but i find it hard to swallow.

i want to complain that mofo wasnt on the best of.

i also want to complain about u2 setlists, and that they only played a full band version of please only once on the last tour. the acoustic version is so void of energy compared to the electric.

that should do it for me. i love u2, but i guess this thread is the place to say where you think they may have gone wrong, so i can get away by saying how i feel.

the lack of trombone solos in u2's music in the last decade really annoys me.:censored:

you know, I would find it much more useful for a thread about bitching about stuff other than u2.
for example:
the way people drive
rude people that try to cut you on line
stupid people that have to ring you up and can't figure out change for a dollar
the media
politicians
bands that suck ass but sell lots of records

know what I mean?
:wink:

Nah see, who gives a shit what they put on the greatest hits. It's their decision, and if they like their choices, then just leave it alone. I mean, these songs are all on the albums anyway....just listen to Zooropa if you wanna hear Lemon. And just be happy that U2 is one of the few bands that isn't a crap band. Everyone always bitches about things they can't control. Who cares if they don't play "Daddy's gonna for your crashed car" or "Stranger in a strange land" in their concerts. Just be glad you got to see and hear them play. Even if it is the same recycled version of "With or without you" that we've heard a billion times.

You people have nothing to bitch about. Imagine, for a minute, that you are a Guns and Roses fan....they just cancelled their whole tour after like 5 shows. Or what if your favorite band was Oasis? Same songs, different titles, cancelled gigs without any apology or explanation. We're very lucky to have a band like U2. So stop bitching.

You mean bitchin like this...!!!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Ahhh... no one expects the Spanish Inquisition...

JOFO said:
you know, I would find it much more useful for a thread about bitching about stuff other than u2.
for example:
the way people drive
the media
politicians

know what I mean?

:yes:

JOFO said:
for example:
the way people drive
the media
politicians

know what I mean?

Yeah, that would be true if it were under Lemonade Stand... But this is EYKIW... U2-related stuff in this forum only, n'est pas?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I have to wait until Christmas for the DVD.

There, man it feels good to get that off my chest. :tongue: :sexywink:

me too AND the CD :rolleyes:

Aaaaah it must be easy to complain about a band who can write their own music and can sing.

My bitches are about "some" U2 fans:
1.) People who claim to be fans but really only bitch about what U2 is doing (no, I'am not saying the people on this thread, those of you out there know who you are)
IE A: U2 didnt make the album "I" wanted.
B: U2 are not playing the songs "I" want to hear live
C: U2 are charging to much for tickets
D: Propaganda didnt give me tickets to the exact show I wanted.
E: Propaganda didnt give me great seats.
F: U2 have soldout because they made an album many people like.
G: U2 are getting to old and should hang it up.
H: U2 changed songs on their Best Of album, how dare they. I wanted to buy the exact same songs I already own!
2.) U2 traders who think they are "entitled" to everything as some type of devine right as a U2 fan.
3.) U2 traders that do not respect a tapers wishes.
4.) PLEBA ;) just kidding girls

Hey, constructive criticism is fine. I dont agree with or like everything that U2 does. But alot of people seem to only focus on the negatives. I became a U2 fan because it is suppose to be fun. Not so I can bitch about them.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:
My bitches are about being a U2 fan:

Hey, constructive criticism is fine. I dont agree with or like everything that U2 does. But alot of people seem to only focus on the negatives. I became a U2 fan because it is suppose to be fun. Not so I can bitch about them.

bravo well said

Blue Room said:
1.) People who claim to be fans but really only bitch about what U2 is doing (no, I'am not saying the people on this thread, those of you out there know who you are)
H: U2 changed songs on their Best Of album, how dare they. I wanted to buy the exact same songs I already own!
2.) U2 traders who think they are "entitled" to everything as some type of devine right as a U2 fan.

Well said. :yes:

JOFO said:
for example:
the way people drive
the media
politicians

know what I mean?

:wink: We have a good thread for that kind of stuff going on in PLEBAns (pet peeves)!

And whoever mentioned having to wait until xmas for the best of DVD...Ooh...That's me too! And I completely forgot that I was going to get it! Imagine my excitement. Just a few more days away!

Complaint: Bono was not named one of the 25 most intriguing people of the year by People magazine. :down: :madspit:

Blue Room said:

:up: I totally agree! I don't like every single song the band has done, but I never really think about the ones I DON'T like. There's just so much more to love than there is to...well...not love! :happy:

And it is impossible to please everybody 100% of the time. If that ever happened I think I would drop dead from shock. :ohmy:

JOFO said:
for example:
the way people drive
the media
politicians

know what I mean?

There IS such a thread! :yes: It's in PLEBAns and it's called "What's your pet peeve?" Read it, most of your complaints have already been addressed there!

wertsie said:

And whoever mentioned having to wait until xmas for the best of DVD...Ooh...That's me too! And I completely forgot that I was going to get it! Imagine my excitement. Just a few more days away!

I know 3 more days!!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom