The bitching thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:
My bitches are about "some" U2 fans:
1.) People who claim to be fans but really only bitch about what U2 is doing (no, I'am not saying the people on this thread, those of you out there know who you are)
IE A: U2 didnt make the album "I" wanted.
B: U2 are not playing the songs "I" want to hear live
C: U2 are charging to much for tickets
D: Propaganda didnt give me tickets to the exact show I wanted.
E: Propaganda didnt give me great seats.
F: U2 have soldout because they made an album many people like.
G: U2 are getting to old and should hang it up.
H: U2 changed songs on their Best Of album, how dare they. I wanted to buy the exact same songs I already own!
2.) U2 traders who think they are "entitled" to everything as some type of devine right as a U2 fan.
3.) U2 traders that do not respect a tapers wishes.
4.) PLEBA ;) just kidding girls

Hey, constructive criticism is fine. I dont agree with or like everything that U2 does. But alot of people seem to only focus on the negatives. I became a U2 fan because it is suppose to be fun. Not so I can bitch about them.

A-men.

Thank you.

And as for the comment about Bono not being one of the 25 most intriguing people in "People" magazine...wtf? Have the people at that magazine been paying any attention to all the stuff Bono's been doing this year? Does a trip to Africa in May with Paul O' Neill ring a bell?

Grrr.

And as for the DVD...don't have it, yet, either. Hoping to get it for a Christmas gift. :). That'd be sweet.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

And as for the comment about Bono not being one of the 25 most intriguing people in "People" magazine...wtf? Have the people at that magazine been paying any attention to all the stuff Bono's been doing this year? Does a trip to Africa in May with Paul O' Neill ring a bell?

I know. I wrote to them and complained. And Britney Spears was one of the 25! What the hell did SHE do that was intriguing this year? :barf:

Moonlit_Angel said:

Unfortunately it is People Magazine. I wouldn't really take it too hard that Bono wasn't chosen. To them Ben Affleck is "sexy" because he's marrying that hootchie mamma. :shrug:

daisybean said:

Unfortunately it is People Magazine. I wouldn't really take it too hard that Bono wasn't chosen. To them Ben Affleck is "sexy" because he's marrying that hootchie mamma. :shrug:

:lol: I'll be surprised if this Jen/Ben thing lasts more than 15 minutes!

Haha, U2 will never come to Singapore. Which means I'll never see them live either. Main beef.

Oh yeah, and one more.

Everytime I post here I seem to kill the thread. Like I post and voila, that's the last post! Yahoo! No-one replies!

Otherwise, everything's fine.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Haha, U2 will never come to Singapore. Which means I'll never see them live either. Main beef.

Oh yeah, and one more.

Everytime I post here I seem to kill the thread. Like I post and voila, that's the last post! Yahoo! No-one replies!

Otherwise, everything's fine.

well I'm breaking the curse right now my friend.

ummm......other than that I've got nothing to say.:wave:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I have to wait until Christmas for the DVD.

Hee!

I almost had the same problem. But last week my mom shipped my presents to me out here, and I saw a CD-shaped package. "Huh," I thought. "I didn't have any CDs on my list."

So I took a leap and figured she bought me the U2 CD instead of the DVD. Lo and behold, she did. So I went to Target that night and exchanged it.

So by correctly assuming my mom would misread my Christmas list, I have the DVD before Christmas. :wink:

wertsie said:

I know. I wrote to them and complained. And Britney Spears was one of the 25! What the hell did SHE do that was intriguing this year? :barf:

She took a break. I'm seriously considering sending her a muffin basket as thanks.

Really hate the new "Best of" because:

1.) The Fly (which IMO symbolizes their work in the nineties), Lemon, Please (which IMO is one of their top 5 songs) were left off.

2.) Including AYCLB songs was a dumb idea; it pushed other songs off, and I highly doubt it helped sales.

3.) b sides disc sucks becuase it left soooooooooo many b sides off in favor of remixes which I DO NOT consider U2 songs; they aree other artists interpretations of U2 songs (they even left the best ermix off--POP MUZIK). They also could have put TGBHF, Stateles, and I'm Not Your Baby on the b sides disc.

4) Miss Sarajevo edit???? Full version should have been included.

I really do not know what they were thinking. This was a collection that was not going to have the immediate appeal for non-U2 fans the way the last collection did because of the lack of "anthems" (Bad, SBS, NYD, ISHFWILF, WOWY, etc, etc.) so they should have put the above mentioned songs on to help "word of mouth." They left so many great songs (b sides and soundtrack material in particular) off that many non-U2 fans were not exposed to and would enjoy.

I do love the DVD though :p

yertle-the-turtle said:

That sucks.

My main complaint is that I missed out on seeing Bono here in Iowa when he stopped through earlier this month.

Yeah, I know, that was three weeks ago, but...it's not fair!

And on a completely unrelated note, I'm ticked because Christmas is on Wednesday and there is still no snow on the ground here in my town! I want a white Christmas, damnit! :mad:

*Is thankful, however, that she doesn't live in southeastern Texas or in Louisiana right now, seeing as how they've got tornadoes and all that (that's not Christmas weather!)*

Angela

ultraviolet353 said:

it left soooooooooo many b sides off in favor of remixes which I DO NOT consider ..... They also could have put TGBHF, Stateles, and I'm Not Your Baby on the b sides disc.

....so they should have put the above mentioned songs on to help "word of mouth." They left so many great songs (b sides and soundtrack material in particular) off that many non-U2 fans were not exposed to and would enjoy.

Let's pretend they're saving them for a big ole box set o' stuff for next Christmas! :hyper:

corianderstem said:

She took a break. I'm seriously considering sending her a muffin basket as thanks.

Yeah, but it was only for a couple months...I think she's working on a new album now...People magazine says that she hopes to attract a new audience.

:hmm: You think she might just put some clothes on this time?

:lol: Riiiiiight...

:mad:

I got the Best Of DVD for my birthday and I only got to watch it for like a half an hour because we have company!

Everybody leave....RIGHT NOW!!!

j/k...I love my family! :hug:

Oh, and I have another thing...

Gangs of New York didn't open anywhere near my house until today (Christmas). We wanted to go see it on Monday but it wasn't playing yet. :mad: :madspit: :sad:

That's funny.. they stole my U2 animated gif that my friend made once.

U2Guatemala is famous for stealing from PLEBA. They used to have new stuff first, now they just sit there and watch and wait for it to come up on PLEBA. I've seen pics there that they stole from PLEBA that Bono's American Wife had paid to get from wireimages too. It's bad enough he takes them and doesn't ask but he could at least acknowledge the source.

I have nothing against Zootopia but it has made me kind of sore when I see pic links posted there that BAW paid for, or pics posted from someone's website that they have to pay for, or even my boomspeed that I have to pay for, and they don't give credit to us as where they found them and then all their friends go 'oh _____ you are just the picture queen, where do you find these, how do you do it, you're so amazing! :rant: :yell: :mad:

U2Kitten said:
U2Guatemala is famous for stealing from PLEBA. They used to have new stuff first, now they just sit there and watch and wait for it to come up on PLEBA. I've seen pics there that they stole from PLEBA that Bono's American Wife had paid to get from wireimages too. It's bad enough he takes them and doesn't ask but he could at least acknowledge the source.

I have nothing against Zootopia but it has made me kind of sore when I see pic links posted there that BAW paid for, or pics posted from someone's website that they have to pay for, or even my boomspeed that I have to pay for, and they don't give credit to us as where they found them and then all their friends go 'oh _____ you are just the picture queen, where do you find these, how do you do it, you're so amazing! :rant: :yell: :mad:

:scream: :no: Man, that really sucks! I don't know why anybody would do something like that...i mean, stealing from another fan. That's definitely not cool!

wertsie said:

:scream: :no: Man, that really sucks! I don't know why anybody would do something like that...i mean, stealing from another fan. That's definitely not cool!

Yeah, sorry to say I've seen a lot of 'u2baby' addys there. I've seen Olive's and other girl's sites, and my boomspeed and other girls I've recognized the names for from here. I've seen someone go through a thread from here and just post every single link in a pile. They could at least say thanks to the PLEBA girls or something, but some just take all the credit for our collections. Right, NOT COOL! :down:

U2Kitten said:

:rant: :mad: :censored:

I've known for a long time about Zootopia helping themselves to our PLEBA stuff but I didn't know about U2Guatemala. Not much I can do I guess since I don't have the copyrights :shrug:

That really sucks about Kristie's video...that would piss me off big time. At least a little credit would be nice.

wertsie said:
:huh: Wait, I'm confused...I see only a small photo gallery there. Where is the stolen stuff located?

The big gallery with our pics is in the Bono folder gallery under Band Members.. It's pretty huge and you can't post pics just links. I know a lot of PLEBA's pics are there. I really don't mind them linking to my boomspeed, but I know what U2Kitten means about someone taking credit for searching and maintaining a collection.

Originally posted by Wertsie

Wait, I'm confused...I see only a small photo gallery there. Where is the stolen stuff located?

There are plenty of your pics and other pics paid for by PLEBA girls in there somewhere, but it was much worse and more noticible before they added that gallery a couple months back and all the pic threads were mixed in with the rest. I haven't been there in weeks.

Scarletwine said:

The big gallery with our pics is in the Bono folder gallery under Band Members.. It's pretty huge and you can't post pics just links. I know a lot of PLEBA's pics are there. I really don't mind them linking to my boomspeed, but I know what U2Kitten means about someone taking credit for searching and maintaining a collection.

:yes:

I feel the same way. I don't even mind them using my pics, in fact I love to see my pics appreciated by anyone because there seem to be fewer pic loving girls these days. But what I don't like is someone using pics we collected and sometimes paid for and taking credit like they were the ones who found it. They should at least acknowledge where they found them- our websites, PLEBA threads and BAW's paid wireimages pics instead of pretending to be some amazing 'pic queen' when someone else did all the work!

U2Guatemala used to give shout outs- I saw a birthday cake credited to Kristie once, but the last few months he stopped. It's like sometimes he just waits to find it on PLEBA and snatch it :grumpy:

U2Kitten said:

U2Guatemala used to give shout outs- I saw a birthday cake credited to Kristie once, but the last few months he stopped. It's like sometimes he just waits to find it on PLEBA and snatch it :grumpy:

he's got a few credits up right now...including a credit to Kristie but he needs to do better :mad:

Back
Top Bottom