the best U2 moment for you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow, reading through this thread has given me goosebumps! LOL

I've not seen them live or met them yet so I guess I won't be mentioning any of those here lol

I love those moments where I'm reading a piece of U2 news or an interview or something and suddenly I get this pang of excitement and just start grinning inanely :cute:

That time when I was just listening to the radio and Electrical Storm came on and then about halfway through the song something inside clicked and I just stopped doing everything just to listen to the song. And I realised that there's still so much more to come :D

Listening to Your Blue Room for the first time and the when it got to the guitar bit at the end feeling a kinda complete connection with the music and kinda 'pull' inside. I'm not sure how to describe it really, it's an incredible feeling, but there are very few songs that can evoke that kind of feeling from me and that was a big moment. :yes:

I could just go on and on about the songs and how I feel about them, but that wouldn't be very interesting ;)

Wow what amazing stories...for me it would be:

- the first time I heard AB. I knew of the band before, and saw the videos but something happened when I first heard it in my brother's room in his radio. I had less knowledge of English than I do know but immediately I was drawn to the music - I had never heard drums sound like this, and the guitars were (and are still, as far as I'm concerned) the most intrigiuing sounds I ever heard on that instrument. And to top it all there was the interesting voice - different then what I remembered from War or JT - but haunting, grabbing attention and instantly made me feel like no other singer did.

- the first time I had seen U2 live on TV. (technically the first time was a Zoo TV show on our local TV but I don't remember that because I was too young) It was in 1997 when they played Mofo on MTV Europe awards. I remember Dennis Hopper introducting them and I felt :hyper: and there they were in costumes, than the music started. It was great to see the audience respond to them and all were into the music - Larry and Adam concentrating on the music, Edge starting the howling sound and Bono - being Bono - hyping up the people, jumping up and down, doing cool microphone moves, interacting with the camera. WOW, I thought - what an energy and passion - it felt as if they were playing for their lives. (that didn't change later when I saw other performances)

- the first time I got bootlegs. It was/is amazing to be able to hear our band in a way I never thought it would be possible, to experience everything I never had the chance to do it before. :)

Squishy Peanut said:
Listening to Your Blue Room for the first time and the when it got to the guitar bit at the end feeling a kinda complete connection with the music and kinda 'pull' inside. I'm not sure how to describe it really, it's an incredible feeling, but there are very few songs that can evoke that kind of feeling from me and that was a big moment. :yes:

:yes:.

I remember the time I listened to that song, and something just struck me when I heard it-I loved the music in it, and how weird and atmospheric it sounded, and the vocals and everything, and I thought to myself, Why don't I listen to this song more often?

It's a really neat little gem. I know exactly what you're talking about with the pull.

Angela

Hearing With or Without You on the radio for the first time back in 1987. It was the first time I'd ever heard one of their songs, and I knew right away that something wonderful had just been added to my life.

Hopefully the best U2 moment for me is still to come, since I STILL haven't seen them live. The next time they tour I'm going to be there, no matter how far I have to travel or how much money I have to spend.

has to be meeting bono recently in dublin!
closely followed by being very close to the front at slane 1!
and what about the way please morphed into where the streets have no name during popmart!?! UNREAL!

its brilliant to see just how u2 have affected people over the years, long may it continue!!!!:happy:

Oh, yeah...it's amazing how important they've become to people. I'm sure if they were to read this list, they'd be very touched-I hope they realize how much they mean to us all (and I'm sure they do).

Bono's shades said:
Hopefully the best U2 moment for me is still to come, since I STILL haven't seen them live. The next time they tour I'm going to be there, no matter how far I have to travel or how much money I have to spend.

:yes:.

Ditto.

Angela

Staying up late into the night to download all the songs from ATYCLB off of Napster the day it was leaked.

Downloading each song at 56k speed gave me massive amounts of time to listen to each one before the next one came in. I remember being completely blown away by every single track.

That memory stands out in my mind just as much as seeing them in concert. :up:

My first U2 concert was amazing. We were about three rows back from the front of the heart, and when U2 came out it almost felt like a movie because the perspective was so close. Slow dancing to stuck in a moment and with or without you was great, too. :) Probably my favorite U2 moment was my second U2 concert, and my (at the time's) girlfriend's first major rock concert. Again we were about 3 rows from the front of the heart, and it was just incredibe. No Doubt rocked the house, and U2 were amazing as usual.Slow dancing and kissing to With or without you was a nice highlight. (memories....:) ) But maybe the most powerful visual of that night was watching the names of those lost on 9/11 scroll around the arena. It was such a powerful moment.

I don't think I could define just one best moment. There are too many bests. :D

Last edited:
I would say first discovering U2 in '84 on a tv show called Friday Night Videos. The video in question was Pride. That moment was incredible. I knew then that this was a band I was going to love for a long time. The bonus was learning that I had a lot to pick up besides The Unforgettable Fire. Boy to Under... were all in my collection by the spring of '85.

Seeing this band live on Live Aid remains the most memorable moment between the band and myself. Before that performance, Bad was my favorite U2 song. After, well, lets just say Bad is still my favorite U2 song and the ONE song I would have to pick as the greatest rock song of all time. Yes, I really mean that.

Back
Top Bottom