The Best U2 contest you could win

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtwohearts

New Yorker
Okay if they held a contest that a fan can win something from U2 what would be your ultimate prize? Try to be slightly realistic in answering lik,e as much as I dream about it, a private concert by U2 would not be something they'd be willing to do.

Mine would be a trip to Ireland to hang out with the band in their recording studio while they worked on a new album for a week or two.

Caller number "40" wins...

Yeah, I like the sound of yours!

Or to go backstage at one of their gigs maybe, or be on the road with them for a day or two. That'd be fun :D

:hmm: My ultimate would prolly be along the lines of: A week's vacation (maybe 2?) in/around Dublin, photographing the guys as they give me guided tours of their favorite places. I'd spend about 2 days with each one individually & the remaining time would be spent with the group. The best of my photos would then be featured along with a short diary of the vacation in a magazine - something like Ireland of the 1000 Welcomes. (It's a travel/tourist mag.)
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

signed copy of Three and a backstage pass, I guess...bitt of an odd question really...

Well everyone wants different things from the group. Some would want signed autographs or pictures or just to meet the group. I was just wondering what stuff other people would want. Not really that strange.

I just don't come across many forums that go on about fantasty contest prizes, that's all...

blahblahblah said:
I just don't come across many forums that go on about fantasty contest prizes, that's all...

In my real U2 fantasy, I win a private concert by U2 where I can request all the songs I want to hear played live. Now even though I have even gone so far in this thought as to come up with a partial set list I know it isn't realistic.

blahblahblah said:

it's a cute thread, what is the big deal

i'd like to hang out with bono for a day.

bono as the fly.

in las vegas.

yeah

:macdevil:

Well my fantasy did come true!
I won a trip over the radio station back in December for a trip for 2 to Dublin to see them live at Croke Park!

After winning the trip in December and not hearing from the radio station with whom I won the trip with I was getting nervous that it was a scam and they were going to tell me something fell through, but it didn't!

Needless to say, my fiancee and I had a trip of a lifetime. We got to stay in Dublin for 6 days, stayed at the Morrison Hotel which is right across the river from the Clarence and 2 tickets to see U2 on the June 25th show. Great tickets too! Lower level, close to the stage! It was so awesome as I am sure I don't have to tell anyone here about it.

Anyways to see U2 in Dublin was my number 1 thing to do in life before my death so dreams do come true!!

Now off to Toronto in Sept to see them, first time with GA,s!!

Dream package would be front row spot at an Ireland concert, guaranteed dance on stage, backstage passes, dinner afterwards with the boys, a week's stay at the Clarence with room service included. Too much to ask for a tour of B's house too? :reject:

ahh backstage passes at a concert, Edge would teach me how to play WTSHNN, and would give me a copy of his entire live rig! I want that Edge sound lol

and I'd also get to play the acoustic guitar for Bono during "One" and "All I Want Is You"

U2phan said:
ahh backstage passes at a concert, Edge would teach me how to play WTSHNN, and would give me a copy of his entire live rig! I want that Edge sound lol

damn. . . every Edge fan's dream. that's the best prize yet!

Mitcher 16 that's a really cool story and a good contest win. I really wouldn't be complaining over that one. I loved the pictures too.

One other thing I'd like to add is to get a tour of Larry's U2 collection. I would guess that it would be far better than any one of us here.

bonosloveslave said:
Dream package would be front row spot at an Ireland concert, guaranteed dance on stage, backstage passes, dinner afterwards with the boys, a week's stay at the Clarence with room service included. Too much to ask for a tour of B's house too? :reject:

Maybe a stay at the guest house on the premises might work???

GA tix and backstage passes for multiple shows in one city (like New York or Boston or something), a day out with U2, a day in the studio with U2.

I'd take just about everything anyone has mentioned so far too :D

Back
Top Bottom