The best POST on earth !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Man Ray

The Fly
There are still fortunate which do not still know it. They are ontheir way, so I send these words as a bottle to the sea... They have dinner in crowded cities, they are reading newspapers, are seing gondolas in Venice, unless they are sleeping, wrapped surrounded with a sleep which hides them everything of their future. Who are they? Those who are going to repaint their lives, to see it turn around, tastes with new colors...

I speak about next fans of U2. Those who are going to fall on their knees for the album to come. They will have barely listened to U2 before, just a few singles consumed on the radio, " Ah yes it is the group which made sunday bloody sunday ", may be they have listened their crazy sound in nightclubs at four o'clock in the morning when you loose little of your reason ... Those who snubbed them, those who are going to come to U2 while they were in grip with rap, R*B music

Some will come from the Pop universe, rarely classic or jazz, young ladies will forget Jennifer lopez, janet jackson, george michael, some fans will be virgin of any musical culture. U2 will be their first emotion. Sometimes even some 17-year-old, little Martians without antennae will never have heard about U2 before this new single and album.
Of these people there, I want to speak here. Is it reasonable to grant tune so much importance for a music group? Life and its chances, couples are made and undo, lack of job security, freindships precariousness to be surmounted, choices to be made, you loose friends, you win others , in all this mess, what the music leaves you ? It already supports you. And then, there are groups which are a little more than their music. The fans of U2 have a dense universe. Then, new fans, the wind will bring you there where the sky is fulfilled with riffs, basses, and the magic name of the album to come.

Your upset culture... Names come of nowhere will come to nest between your synapses.... Roy Orbison, friday gavin, woody guthrie... New books will populate your library... Raymond Carver for your Joshua Tree adoption... Salman Rushdie (you will try to read " grounds beneath her feet " too long you will tempt even " The children of midnight " without more luck . Thought who will precede your dreams filled performed with Bono in his bath who smokes the cigar with fly goggles !

Bono at the top roof of a tower who is distracted by a person who shouts outside answers "Rock and roll Doggy" then Bono to the journalist " My god, it is the loudest voice I ever heard "... You will read biographies, you will like B-sides with always these questions without answer " why not of Summer rain on ATYCLB and this voice " I am one the outside... I am walking through your doorway, let me in, let me love you "..

If you had known these blinking words, you would have made for him or her listened to the song but they would have left all the same because it is life... You will not stop being surprised, the lemon means otransport of future, The edge who sings in Sarayevo, fine for Bono to have written on a bridge... Rock and roll stops the traffic...

You are a new, a blue member furthermore in this funny congregation opened on height of musical currents (How edge has he been able to love Nine inch nails) ready to face criticism of your favourite group.... Exactly this last album, you will defend beak and nail because it is the one that opened your mind. Just respect those who will tell you JT and AB are the masterpieces...

In the forums you will get lost discussing to save " The wanderer " of the general opprobe. They even sang a Sandra song... Everlasting love, my baby... Breakers of information, besides the words learnt by heart especially "One tree Hill" if you are to go to Auckland, Greg caroll so closed to Bono who shouts his during New of year eve concert " ah yes, the concert starts at midnight

You will be propped up on the debt in Third World countries, on the DADA movement... Keith Harring, Bono's small scar, Larry's imitations of Adam (speaks with his hands) during the shoot of Rattle and Hum...

Your neighbours will have new music drafts, MOFO at the awards, willie nelson in your eavesdroppers at night, Johnny cash... You hesitate on your next look when you out : why not the green tee-shit of Discotheque, go for the yellow glasses that an old fan will give you ... The unforgettable fire, best U2 song, composed in a hotel to Tockyo at night... You go to like their past provocations " Fuck the mainstream " !!!!

Amazed is Billy Joel, you will try to understand why Dylan avoids Bono, why Adam seems to be elsewhere...

Your vocabulary will flood you suddenly with strange abbreviations, VCD, these small interferences on certain ALD, boots, soundboard, audience... Red Rocks and its fog, rainy tracks on the movie camera, the sight of the stage stadium in helicopte, the way Larry Mullen walks on stage, will rise or not on the Elvis motorcycle ...
Your faith maybe develop... God is everywhere in the words, you will sing in streets only, " Jesus, Jesus, help me, I am alone in this world and a fucked up world it is too""...

This journalist of Rolk*Folk whom Bono wanted to rock in the liffey after he pointed out to him that all the love songs of U2 spoke about Bono's mother.

You will go proselyte there to try to convince non-initiated... You like them, your passion will dull a little, is it so reasonable to paper your walls of all these posters? Ah, good young man, you are 16 years old ! Go for posters... You will take their poses installations in trains, V of the victory on your hands to greet your friends, glance of star... Nevertheless, you understood " Celebrity is bullshit "...

You know that Bono made cuddles with Andrea Corr among others...."Summerwhine" is the proof, look at her eyes...but you forgive...because even Heroes have weaknesses...and he still in love with his wife...

You will hesitate for earrings if you are a boy, the tattoo of the suitcase for you babychild, left awkward shoulder all right... " Well franck, time was changed.... "
These fans who rise on stage, play the guitar, which is the best version of " Until the end " Stockholm 92...
You will have virtual friends..Kate 1, Moonli_Angel, Cass, Chizip, Bonoloveslave...Mofo 82, Rachel D...

You will know that interference is the best site of the world because you will have been seen all the others.... Take me to the clarence... The taxi drivers not always the best supporters according to Bono, the difference between an American and an Irishman " One day I am gonna get that bastard ", they are there... outside their studio...

You will not probably read this post, new fans... It will soon disappear from here, unless the staff decides exceptionally to put it somewher else, front page...why not ?

Let us return to this post... The best Post on earth ? U2, the best group on earth... A joke but which could be true...

A black world, an era of abandonment, Bush father " We will Rock you ", lies, financial offences, dirty news items but U2 brought up you to here, this place where the games are not made yet.

The previous text was my first draft...here is the good one...

There are still fortunates who still do not know it. They are on their way, so I send these words as a bottle in the sea... They are having dinner in crowded cities, they are reading newspapers, they see gondolas in Venice, unless they are sleeping, wrapped surrounded with which hides them everything of their future. Who are they? Those who are going to repaint their lives, to see it turn around, tastes with new colours...

I speak about next U2 fans. Those who are going to fall on their knees for the album to come. They will have barely listened to U2 before, just a few singles consumed on the radio, ?Ah yes it is the group which made ?Sunday bloody Sunday ", may be they have listened to their crazy sound in nightclubs at four o'clock in the morning when you loose little of your reason ... Those who snubbed them, those who are going to come to U2 while they were in grip with rap, R*B music.

Some will come from the Pop universe, rarely classic or jazz, young ladies will forget Jennifer lopez, janet jackson, george michael, some fans will be virgin of any musical culture. U2 will be their first emotion. Sometimes even some 17-year?s-old, little Martians without antennae will never have heard about U2 before this new single and album.
Of these people there, I want to speak here. Is it reasonable to grant so much importance to a music group? Life and its chances, couples are made and break, lack of job security, , choices to be made, you lose friends, you win others , in all this mess, what does music leave you ? It already supports you. And then, there are groups which are a little more than their music. U2 fans have a dense universe. Then, new fans, wind will bring you there where the sky is fulfilled with riffs, basses, and the magic name of the album to come.

Your upset culture... Names come from nowhere will nest between your synapses.... Roy Orbison, friday gavin, woody guthrie... New books will populate your library... Raymond Carver for your Joshua Tree adoption... Salman Rushdie (you will try to read " grounds beneath her feet " too long you will tempt even " The children of midnight " without more luck . Thoughts will precede your dreams filled with Bono in his bath who smokes the cigar with fly goggles !

Bono at the top roof of a tower who is distracted by a person who shouts outside answers "Rock and roll Doggy" then Bono to the journalist " My god, it is the loudest voice I ever heard "... You will read biographies, you will like B-sides with always these questions without answers " why not of Summer rain on ATYCLB and this voice " I am one the outside... I am walking through your doorway, let me in, let me love you "..

If you had known these blinking words, you would have made him or she to listen to this song but they would have left you all the same because it is life... You will not stop being surprised, the lemon means is the way to travel, The edge who sings in Sarajevo, fine for Bono to have written on a bridge... Rock and roll stops the traffic...

You are a new, a blue member furthermore in this funny congregation opened on height of musical currents (How edge has he been able to love Nine inch nails) ready to face criticism of your favourite group.... Exactly this last album, you will defend beak and nail because it is the one that opened your mind. Just respect those who will tell you JT and AB are the masterpieces...

In the forums you will get lost discussing to save " The wanderer " of the general criticism. They even sang a Sandra song... Everlasting love, my baby...

Breakers of information, besides lyrics learnt by heart especially "One tree Hill" if you are to go to Auckland, Greg caroll so closed to Bono who shouts his during New of year eve concert " ah yes, the concert starts at midnight?

You will be propped up on the debt in Third World countries, on the DADA movement... Keith Harring, Bono's small scar, Larry's imitations of Adam (speaks with his hands) during the shoot of Rattle and Hum...

Your neighbours will have new music drafts, MOFO at the awards, willie nelson in your ears at nights, Johnny cash... You hesitate on your next look when you out : why not the green tee-shit of Discotheque, go for the yellow glasses that an old fan will give you ... The unforgettable fire, best U2 song, written in Tockyo at night in the bedroom of a modern hotel... You go to like their past provocations " Fuck the mainstream " !!!!

Amazed is Billy Joel, you will try to understand why Dylan avoids Bono, why Adam seems to be elsewhere...

Your vocabulary will flood you suddenly with strange abbreviations, VCD, these small interferences on certain ALD, boots, soundboard, audience... Red Rocks and its fog, rainy tracks on the movie camera, the sight of the stage stadium in helicopter, the way Larry Mullen walks on stage, will rise or not on the Elvis motorcycle ...
Your faith will skyrocket... God is everywhere in the lyrics, you will sing in streets only, " Jesus, Jesus, help me, I am alone in this world and a fucked up world it is too""...

This journalist of Rolk*Folk magazine whom Bono wanted to rock in the liffey after he pointed out to him that all the love songs of U2 spoke about Bono's mother.

You will go proselyte everywhere to try to convince non-initiated... You like them, your passion will dull a little, is it so reasonable to paper your walls of all these posters? Ah, good young man, you are 16 years old ! Go for posters... You will take their poses installations in trains, V of the victory on your hands to greet your friends, glance of star... Nevertheless, you understood " Celebrity is bullshit "...

You know that Bono made cuddles with Andrea Corr among others...."Summerwhine" is the proof, look at her eyes...but you forgive...because even Heroes have weaknesses...and he still in love with his wife...

You will hesitate for earrings if you are a boy, the tattoo of the suitcase for you babychild, left awkward shoulder all right... " Well franck, time was changed.... "
These fans who rise on stage, play the guitar, which is the best version of " Until the end " Stockholm 92...
You will have virtual friends..Kate 1, Moonli_Angel, Cass, Chizip, Bonoloveslave...Mofo 82, Rachel D...

You will know that interference is the best site of the world because you will have been seen all the others.... Take me to the clarence... The taxi drivers not always the best supporters according to Bono, the difference between an American and an Irishman " One day I am gonna get that bastard ", they are there... outside their studio...

You will not probably read this post, the new fans... It will soon disappear from here the team decides exceptionally to put it somewher else, front page...why not ?

Let us return to this post... The best Post on earth ? U2, the best group on earth... A joke but which could be true...

A black world, an era of abandonment, Bush father " We will Rock you ", lies, financial offences, dirty news items but U2 brought up you to here, this place where the games are not made yet.

I have written this post first and foremost on a french forum...nearly 50 persons replied...and no one here...I cannot believe it !

Man Ray said:
I have written this post first and foremost on a french forum...nearly 50 persons replied...and no one here...I cannot believe it !

I can't understand it man.

Man Ray said:
Thought it was kind of nice until I read this part. :down:

I don't read things that long, even when they talk about U2. It's in my contract. :|

:wink:

:hmm: I think this lost something in the translation.

As a side note, not that I agree with what man ray concludes (a smoldering look in a video is hardly evidence of cheating), but I've never heard "made cuddles with" used as a synonym for "cheated with." it certainly sounds cuter and somewhat innocent, though, doesn't it? ;)

"Why are you mad? All he did was make cuddles with her!" :lol:

:lmao: Yeah, you can't go by smoldering looks with Bono.... if you could use that evidence alone well then he's been making cuddles with The Edge for years baby! :drool:

*edit for spelling

Last edited:
I think the Andrea Corr thing undermined it a bit :| I find it kind of insulting, seeing as Bono is a married man and there is absolutely NO EVIDENCE whatsoever to support that statement!

A_Wanderer said:
Could make a good pickup line, "Hey baby wanna make cuddles?"

:lmao: That's great.

Also...this is a rule in the FAQ under what is unacceptable in PLEBA, but I'm applying it to this also:

"Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed."

That's a personal matter, and it should be kept that way. I don't think it should be discussed any further because, as it also says in the FAQ, "There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow."

Thanks, everybody!

:applaud: Man Ray
I enjoyed reading your essay. You managed to cover what has been a phenomenal existence in just a few paragraphs.You displayed good knowledge of things U2.
It is interesting to explore the idea of being new to U2. Imagine hearing them for the first time, now!
But I have enjoyed being an observer on their incredible journey from the first stumbling steps. Either place is a good place to be.
Your piece has something of a jazz edge, so I think some people may have difficulty with the rhythm.
I think it's unfortunate that some read too much into the "made cuddles" phrase. Those of us who know, know...Bono loves Ali above and waaaaaaay beyond all others. He just has a very very VERY LARGE heart that he is prepared to share.

My favourite sections....

"still fortunates
who are going to repaint their lives
little Martians without antennae
U2 will be their first emotion
wind will bring you there
where the sky is fulfilled
with riffs, basses and the magic name
dreams filled with Bono in his bath :)
Bono who shouts
a black world, abandonment, dirty news
propped up on debt, your next look, past provocations
victory on your hands
blinking words
virtual friends
a blue member furthermore
beak and nail
JT & AB are the masterpieces...respect
front page...why not?
take me to the Clarence...."

:hug: little Martians without antennae:hug:
take me to your leader:bono:

ONE of my homegrown little martians has developed quite substantial antennae lately, I'm pleased to say

keep on rocking in the freeworld
:)

Well Folks...

I am quite happy that some of you answered because there is no worst thing than indifference...
And this post was written to trigger reactions...So thank you.

Of course, my English ...betrayed me sometimes...so I admit "cuddles"...was quite strange...

I took into account the question of "private life"...I will abide by the rules. Then, every one here is in a position to have his own idea about Bono's private life. I do not have any moral point of view on his way of life...even if I am impressed at lots of things he does. I am still amazed that he is still with the same woman for more than 25 years...and this is really outstanding and beautiful. Of course, some of us can still remain blind and believe he never had extra-affairs...but indeed my post was also filled with humour...and with many more things apart from this idea...

But Puritanism is still a value...

Man Ray said:
But Puritanism is still a value...

Yeah but you are just assuming he has had an affair because it is ALMOST unheard of for a rockstar to be with the same woman for 25 years. You're acting with no evidence at all but for a glance in a music video!

Man Ray said:
Of course, some of us can still remain blind and believe he never had extra-affairs...but indeed my post was also filled with humour...and with many more things apart from this idea...
it isn't that we don't think he has, that's not the point really. it's that we don't know him and it's not our place to discuss this.

KhanadaRhodes said:

it isn't that we don't think he has, that's not the point really. it's that we don't know him and it's not our place to discuss this.
amen Khanada!
and to quote the man himself:

"I've had my problems in my relationship. It's tough for everybody. I think fidelity is just against human nature. That's where we have to either engage or not engage our higher side. Certainly I'm not trying to come up with easy answers. It's like in school when they tall you about drugs. 'If you smoke drugs you'll become an addict and you'll die the same week.' They don't tell you even half the truth. I think the same is true about sex. You know, if you tell people that the best place to have sex is in the safe hands of a loving relationship, you may be telling a lie! There may be other places. If the question is, can I as a married man write about sex with a stranger, 'yes' has got to be the answer. I've got to write about that because that is part of the subject I'm writing about. You have to try and expose some myths, even if they expose you along the way.
"I don't want to talk about my own relationship, because I've too much respect for Ali to do so. What I'm saying to you is, I may or may not be writing from my own experience on some of these, but that doesn't make it any less real."

'nuff said, heh?

Quote from Bill Flanagan's U2 At the end of the world

Last edited:
Sir, Yes Sir...

I mean, even Bono would have laughed reading my post...It makes me laugh also to see your reactions...As said before, even if I am not having any right to judge Bono's private life, at least I can make fun of what is being shown to us. If I see Andrea Corr watchinh him like she is really into it...why should I be blamed...and on top of that the word "Cuddles" is a light one.

Anyway, you can still hold on to serious matters with no humour, reply to guys that have already written 32000 posts telling that "Stuck in a moment" is a wonderful song...and he will get 70 posts of persons...who will say "Oh yes...you are right...Stick is fabulous"....My post was supposed to have humour in it...but forgive my sense of humour...

humour may be in the eye of the beholder,some can't see for the bloody great stick

**curious cass cat in the hat**
man ray...did you ever get that "Boy" tattoo you were contemplating?

Back
Top Bottom