The Best Of U2's B-Sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Soar

War Child
THE BEST OF U2?S B-SIDES (& BAND SIDE PROJECTS)

I?m impressed with Electrical Storm and The Hands That Built America and I was thinking back on how impressive U2?s output has been when it comes to their B-Sides. So ? I thought of a compilation that gathers together their best. How many other bands have produced such quality B-Sides songs throughout their career ?

Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
Holy Joe
Salome
Lady With A Spinning Head (Extended Version)
Night And Day
Love Comes Tumbling
Walk To The Water
The Hands That Built America
Miss Sarajevo
North And South Of The River
Electrical Storm (Orbit Mix)
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Spanish Eyes
Dancing Barefoot
Luminous Times
Unchained Melody
Always

APPROX. TIME : 78

OTHER CONTENDERS
Silver And Gold
Your Blue Room
Actually ? there are many other contenders

Think I pretty much agree with your list, except I'd def have Three Sunrises and Your Blue Room in there...

btw, i don't believe this thread should have been moved to this forum since u2 isn't actually releasing this at all

Hey Skeek ! I agree with you it was an error to move this thread. What songs would you take off in order to make room for Three Sunrises and Your Blue Room ? Where would you place these 2 songs in your track order ? I thought of another good one - I'm Not Your Baby (U2 with Sinead O'Connor). Do you think it should be included ?
P.S. Just as amazed as you are that there no mp3s of the ES singles !

Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop?) is a gem that contains the 80s U2 "sound" in its full glory. It's a pity it never really got finished, because with the addition of a "hook" and some spruced up lyrics it could have become a hit.

And Silver and Gold (both versions) is a fantastic piece as well - I'd have to include this in any B-sides list.

Now you'd have to include Trash Trampoline and Party Girl! And Hallelujah (Here She Comes). I don't understand why those weren't singles, or at least on the albums!!

there are definetly b sides that i like a lot better than album tracks

What about Slow Dancing, and Bono's duet with Frank... I don't know what I would replace, you made a pretty good list. BUT, there are also some good remixes, like the David Holmes Remix of Beautiful Day, or the Nice Mix of New York. Maybe you should also do a remix B-sides, because often the album versions get interpretted in an exciting new way.

Shut up Cujo, no one cares what a member of the KISS army like you thinks. Go back to your Creed/KISS/J-Lo fanclub sites and post there.

hehehehehehehehehehe

I think you should consult Miss Cleo on your future (I know you do on a daily basis); I'm sure there is a kiester kicking involved.

hehehehehehehe

PS- You keep referring to JLo; maybe I have a thing for big asses. Maybe that's why I like you u2popmofo.

cujo said:

PS- You keep referring to JLo; maybe I have a thing for big asses. Maybe that's why I like you u2popmofo.

That was the best comment I've heard in a long time.

Thank you for putting me in my place.

Back
Top Bottom