the best fly video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And if you ask why, it's because Edge fucked up the guitar tone on Elevation. That's not The Fly. Wrong key, wrong sound.

1.) U23D- blows it all away. There was no malfunction at the beginning, Dallas or the tech assistant just brought out the wrong guitar, hence Bono asking 'where is the fly?' When they find it, it is pretty damn spectacular if you ask me. The first shot of Larry drumming as the intro gets going is incredible. Tweaked the ending a little.
2.)Boston-great intro piece, echo the comments about the solo, the overall goal of the elevation tour being shown well, and then the running around, extended ending with the wall splat. That is in second for sure.
3.)Zoo TV-Original performance.

I can't stand when people say studio and Zoo TV sound the same. The guitar tone is much improved (moves from buzzing to a much harder rock sound) and the vocals are much stronger.

phillyfan26 said:
And if you ask why, it's because Edge fucked up the guitar tone on Elevation. That's not The Fly. Wrong key, wrong sound.

it's the best tone to ever come out of a guitar. i don't know how that qualifies as 'fucked up.'

U2387 said:
1.) U23D- blows it all away. There was no malfunction at the beginning, Dallas or the tech assistant just brought out the wrong guitar, hence Bono asking 'where is the fly?'

That qualifies for a malfunction in my book. The intro was fucked up and the song didn't recover after that.
:|

Are you people nuts?!?!?!
Boston by a long shot!!!
That solo is epic.
Th only problem? It needs to be louder!!!!

discothequeLP said:

it's the best tone to ever come out of a guitar. i don't know how that qualifies as 'fucked up.'

QFT. I agree 100%. The Fly is my favourite U2 single of all time.

discothequeLP said:

Different strokes. :shrug: I didn't particularly like it, and I certainly don't think it fit the song. The key change hurt it too. I think Elevation Fly is incredibly overrated.

I just saw U23D

The Fly

the KILLED that song...

I mean... what a LOUSY performance, not just by the band, but the sound guy...

on the rockiest of the U2 rock songs... what he does?.. he turns DOWN the amps...

no rock, no nothing... it wasn't even loud... really, CRAP

THE FLY and WOWY... the only bad part of a GREAT movie... hell, I re-fell in love with Beautiful Day, where U2 makes his BEST performance EVER opf that song...

The Fly :madspit: , go die in hell with your cousin Elevation Fly

ZOO TV FLY FTW!!!!

PS: they didn't even used the words and letters thing good.... I was expecting a real explosion of 3D.. all I got was a lousy shity song

pepokiss said:
I just saw U23D

The Fly

the KILLED that song...

I mean... what a LOUSY performance, not just by the band, but the sound guy...

on the rockiest of the U2 rock songs... what he does?.. he turns DOWN the amps...

no rock, no nothing... it wasn't even loud... really, CRAP

THE FLY and WOWY... the only bad part of a GREAT movie... hell, I re-fell in love with Beautiful Day, where U2 makes his BEST performance EVER opf that song...

The Fly :madspit: , go die in hell with your cousin Elevation Fly

ZOO TV FLY FTW!!!!

PS: they didn't even used the words and letters thing good.... I was expecting a real explosion of 3D.. all I got was a lousy shity song

So much phail packed into one post

Video ? Zoo TV.

Performance ? I liked all the versions so far. Ideally, a mix of Elevation intro (and the Gotta go at the end), Zoo TV vocals, Vertigo band sound, and Bono running around like Elevation.

Back
Top Bottom