The Best Disc U2 Ever Released

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
The B-Side Disc from The Best Of 1980-1990. U2's original b-sides are among thier best songs and the covers are great.

The Three Sunrises, Spanish Eyes, Love Comes Tumbling, :bow: Walk To The Water :bow: and Luminous Times stand up to any of the band's other work. Add in instrumentals like Endless Deep and Bass Trap with covers like Everlasting Love and Unchained Melody, and you have a near perfect disc. Plus it flows beautifully. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Agree or disagree? If you disagree, what do you think is the band's best disc?

Last edited:
I agree this is a fantastic disc. Because of it I was really looking forward to the B-Side Disc for the Best of 90-00, but was dissapointed because they went with more remixes (although the Dirty Day remix is really kick ass) and less original b-side songs (where was Holy Joe?). But yes, I agree with you, and I wish U2 would put out more compilations that appeal to longtime fans (like b-sides, rarities, etc), and less of the best hits type of compilations.

Screwtape2 said:
The B-Side Disc from The Best Of 1980-1990. U2's original b-sides are among thier best songs and the covers are great.

The Three Sunrises, Spanish Eyes, Love Comes Tumbling, :bow: Walk To The Water :bow: and Luminous Times stand up to any of the band's other work. Add in instrumentals like Endless Deep and Bass Trap with covers like Everlasting Love and Unchained Melody, and you have a near perfect disc. Plus it flows beautifully. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I love it too, wouldn't say it's their best but it is certainly one of the only u2 discs I'm listening to at the moment.

There are some fantastic songs on this, I've always really liked Everlasting Love too and Dancing Barefoot, I think the band pull them off well. What about Silver and Gold and Room At The Heartbreak Hotel, Bono's voice on this is explosive. Party Girl sounds so strange though, I think he was struggling for the melody, it was much better live.

I agree... I love this album. I think it's my favorite. You are so right, it flows so flawless. I think this might have been there best period when they were making kick ass music!

deep in the heart is crucial, they fucked that one up. sometimes i dont see how they can make some of the mistakes they make with tracklistings.

gherman said:
It was only missing Deep In The Heart :(

Which is a damn shame because that is truly one of their greatest b-sides ever!

Doors closed behind me now...
Windows sealed to shut out the light

:combust:

But anyway, it is still a good disc! But I wouldn't call it the best ever. That title belongs to Achtung Baby. :wink:

Meh, the 80's b-sides are way overrated. Walk to the Water is amazing, and I enjoy some of the others, but it's far from being U2's best disc. I'd say all their albums are better than any bsides disc.

Zootlesque said:

Which is a damn shame because that is truly one of their greatest b-sides ever!

Doors closed behind me now...
Windows sealed to shut out the light

:combust:

But anyway, it is still a good disc! But I wouldn't call it the best ever. That title belongs to Achtung Baby. :wink:

WHAT!!! you guys are insane. What do you mean they f-up? It's a masterpiece the way it came out. It's so haunting yet peaceful... the middle there is just... :drool: When I listen to it, it makes me feel as if I'm in the middle of the Grand Canyon with these red rocks sorrounding me and I am streaming down the river... looking for my lost love. (I know, that part was corny but..) This song would have been a nice addition to that compilaltion though.

Last edited:
t8thgr8 said:
deep in the heart is crucial, they fucked that one up. sometimes i dont see how they can make some of the mistakes they make with tracklistings.

oops... my comment went to the wrong person I guess. Meant to ask you how it is that they f-up that track....

Zooropa man said:

WHAT!!! you guys are insane. What do you mean they f-up? It's a masterpiece the way it came out. It's so haunting yet peaceful... the middle there is just... :drool: When I listen to it, it makes me feel as if I'm in the middle of the Grand Canyon with these red rocks sorrounding me and I am streaming down the river... looking for my lost love. (I know, that part was corny but..) This song would have been a nice addition to that compilaltion though.

I didn't say they fucked up the track! They just didn't include it on that disc! Right?

The disk hits home with me...especially when I am a little bit tired of U2's anthems.

I like everything on the disk except Party Girl:|

My moods fluctuate on their best work

Screwtape2 said:

I agree and I've actually said it before. This disc is at least as good as any other disc they've ever released.

Zooropa man said:

oops... my comment went to the wrong person I guess. Meant to ask you how it is that they f-up that track....

:huh: i meant the 'f'd' up when they left it off the best of bsides. the track itself is money.

They should have remastered Deep In The Heart.

The best version I have is the 12inch vinyl version from the original single that it was on.

Back
Top Bottom