The BEST BUY/U2 Controversy.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
What's the deal with everyone bitching and whining about the early release of the Elevation DVD? They claim that this move will hurt independent record stores. The only independent record stores in my area don't even handle DVDs. U2 have worked and toured their asses of for twenty years, and they aren't allowed to turn a profit? Aerosmith( of which I am a fan) have recently sold their song to Dodge, have made money, gained airplay, given Dodge a successful commercial, in turn helping them, and keeping their workers employed. Isn't that America? I don't care how much money U2 has or will make by issuing their DVD early. The quality of U2's products has been consistently high. Not only are they brilliant musicians, but a thriving corporation. More power to them!!!! Every other band out there would take the same deal if Best Buy offered it, and I will be there on the 20th to get my copy! You all got my back?!

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 11-14-2001).]

Nate!!

Where've you been?

biggrin.gif

Any want to know the primary reason this bugs me a whole lot? Fuck selling out, who gives a shit if people think U2 sold out there's been stories about that since JT, or even sooner. But goddamn it there is no Best Buy in my town, not to mention there being hardly any if any at all in Canada. Booooo! Booooooo!

Why not just release it at every store? blah.

So, it will be available in towns with Best Buy on the 20th, available in Europe on the 26th, and available in Canada on December 4th. As moby would say, "grrrrreat!"

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 11-14-2001).]

*blinks and looks around cluelessly*

I think I missed out on the controversy. Oh well. But I've seen the show (thank you AM!) and it's awesome! So no complaints here.

Skeek, you need someone to pick you up a copy and mail it to ya early?
smile.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Back
Top Bottom