The Best Album Of The 80's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafmed

Refugee
I just listened after a long time The Police Synchronicity, and I was amazed again by how good this album is.

In my opinion this album and The Joshua Tree stand above in this decade, what do you think?

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

Predictable, but hey, you were expecting something else?

Joshua Tree

I'm not really a big fan of 80s music in general. U2 is an exception.

The Joshua Tree.

(I mean, would I say anything else?
rolleyes.gif
)

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

[This message has been edited by elevatedmole (edited 03-25-2002).]

The Joshua Tree and Synchronicity are both my favorite albums from the 80s!

Ok lets make this a little less pretictable.

Other then Joshua Tree, nonono, other then U2 what is the best alblum. Or what is the second best alblum?

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Ok.

Question # 1. Which is the best U2 album of the 80's?

Question # 1. Which is the best NON U2 album of the 80's?

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

[This message has been edited by rafmed (edited 03-25-2002).]

I know too little about 80's albums to give a profound answer to this question. All I can say is that Unforgettable Fire is my favourite 80's album, but apart from my U2 albums the only 80's albums I have are:

Appetite for Destruction - Guns n' Roses
Bad - Michael Jackson
Thriller - Michael Jackson
And Justice for All - Metallica

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

I agree with doctorwho (JT best of 87; UF best of '80s U2).

Best (at least my fav) non-u2: it's a tie between The Queen Is Dead by the Smiths + Fables of the Reconstruction by REM + Doolittle by the Pixies.

Originally posted by kariatari:

Woo hoo! I was hoping someone else would mention this one!

EWWWW Michael Jackson, and I believed I was safe from that in a U2 forum. lol
wink.gif

------------------

tough one because I can't remember back that far.

Here's a few that stand out for me other than U2.

The Smiths...Louder Than Bombs
The Replacements...Tim
Husker Du...Zen Arcade
Big Country...The Crossing
Prince...Purple Rain
Echo and the Bunnymen...Ocean Rain

It would be a crime not to include an REM album in there so.........Murmur or Life's Rich Pageant, take your pick.

All of the albums the smiths released in the 80's were great. So were all of the 80's REM albums. There is no denying Thriller either.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

U2-Unforgettable Fire
INXS-Kick

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

Originally posted by rafmed:
I just listened after a long time The Police Synchronicity, and I was amazed again by how good this album is.

In my opinion this album and The Joshua Tree stand above in this decade, what do you think?

I couldnt agree with you more!!!!!

Honorable Mention:
Green--REM

Appetite for Destruction-_Guns N Roses

Thriller --Michael Jackson

Music For the Masses--Depeche Mode

Duran Duran - Rio
Cheesy synthpop at its catchiest. Every song is either bloody annoying or bloody good.
The Clash - London Calling
Ok it's from 1979 but it's a heck of an album anyway.
And of course U2!

Depeche Mode-101!!

& of course Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire, and War.....

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

U2: Joshua Tree

Other: Hard to pick...I will have to go with two...

Depeche Mode: Music For The Masses
INXS: Kick

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Question # 1: October - U2
#2: The Visitors - ABBA

I think that October is U2's worst album. I know of four guys from Dublin whou would agree with me on this one. I realize that this is all just opinions anyway, but.....

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
Depeche Mode-101!!

& of course Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire, and War.....

Depeche Mode is my 2nd favorite band of all-time next to U2. I saw them last June about a week after I saw U2 at the Garden in NYC and they were excellent....although they havent been the same since Alan Wilder left the group.....I have seen them 4 times, how about you?

Honorable Mention:

Black Celebration (every song is good on that album!)

JT is my favourite U2 album of the 80's.
most of my 80's stuff is on vinyl.I didn't start buying "laser discs" until '87 I now realise.
lots of good ones: Thriller82,Synchronicity 83, Clannad macalla 85,Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance 86,Midnight Oil Deisel&Dust 87,Pink Floyd Live 88,Gary Moore After the War & Bourbon Street Stronger Than Dirt 89
smile.gif

Dire Straits, Madonna, were new in the 80's. In Oz, Cold Chisel,INXS, Crowded House. U2 definitely stand out.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 03-27-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom