The best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mysterious Ways from Rotterdam, 06/15/92.

The screaming falsetto he hits near the end is jaw-dropping every time I hear it.

Dublin, Dec 26th 1989, Streets, the way Bono sings the "The city's aflood ..." verse is totally mind blowing. I think that is the peak of his vocal powers; right there then on stage at that moment.

Joey788 said:
Mysterious Ways from Rotterdam, 06/15/92.

The screaming falsetto he hits near the end is jaw-dropping every time I hear it.

Amazing, have you heard the Highway to hell snippet on Vertigo 2006-11-18 - Melborune?

almost anything from Lovetown.
In particular, Hawkmoon 269 and All I want is You.
On record, I would say In A Lifetime, Pride and Stay.

Ultraviolet from the last Zooropa show in Dublin
Last time this song was ever played and both Bono and Edge's vocals sounded amazing. :drool: Guitar, Bass, and Drooms sounded amazing!

Peterrrrr said:

Amazing, have you heard the Highway to hell snippet on Vertigo 2006-11-18 - Melborune?

Yeah, I have. That's another amazing moment. Hell, Bono has too many amazing moments for me to even keep track of. :wink:

Rob33 said:
I'd just like to emphasize the insanity of one of the greatest versions of ISHFWILF performed on 12-4-2006- Actually I can't think of a better ISHFWILF performance right now haha...it's absolutely brilliant

After JT tour the song lost it a bit live, sure Bono had alot of power on LT tour and more deep in his voice. But he had problems with that song on LT tour. On ZooTV and Popmart Bono sang the song much more calmer. On Elevation it went a bit better, but this performence is amazing. Bono has finally learned again to sing it more like the studio version again, compare the first versions from Vertigo to this version and you hear that he has take one more step. Next tour he probaly sing it even better :)

is it just me or has someone forgotten my favourite bono voice moment...

all i want is you/streets on slane dvd where all i want is you finishes and he holds the you note for ages and does the opera/kermit singing while the lovely streets intro is playing

this is one of my faves

Some people seem to enjoy poking fun by posting 'fake songs' and/or being sarcastic. This is what Khan is referring to. Just ignore them and carry on.

Back
Top Bottom