The beast which is 'Bullet the blue sky'..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I have always loved this song, but after re-watching the U2 Go Home dvd this weekend with some muso friends of mine, I realised just how much of a 'beasty' song this is. It's a fusion of guitar driven fuel that ignites sheer metal bliss in your ears and it really has stood the test of time. It is one of my favourite memories from the Zoomerang show that I went to, seeing those flaming crosses merge into swastikas just made my jaw drop...

I really do hope that it stays on the live list with the upcoming shows next year, it truly is one song that is just so much better live......

A few months ago I was driving home late at night listening to the radio, and the DJ introduced it as "The best Rage Against The Machine song ever! Bullet The Blue Sky by U2..."

:applaud:

Earnie Shavers said:
A few months ago I was driving home late at night listening to the radio, and the DJ introduced it as "The best Rage Against The Machine song ever! Bullet The Blue Sky by U2..."

:applaud:

Damn, I wish it would get more Radio Play in Brisbane.

Yes it is the most Awesome song/performance live.

i never hear it on radio which is sad
ii also never used to be that big a fan untill i saw it live
blew me away and i've loved it since
it sa phenomonal live performance, there is so much raw power in it

i remember getting the JT album first, listening to it for like 3 months, then finally getting Elevation Boston, dying to get to Bullet. Man, i was blown away.

This song is definitely one of U2's great achievements. I love the live version, the amazing solo, the way it starts with that huge BOOM, Edge's wah-wah, the amazing bass and Larry just kicking ass and of course the awesome lyrics! :up: I love that riff with the slide too, very cool! This song is pure rock n’ roll. When the first news about this new album came out I though they were going to write more songs like BTBS. I hope they never stop playing it. It's pure rock n' roll. My favorite version is the Zoo TV version but I really like the ending of this song from the Elevation Tour with Bono's rapid talk! Classic U2 song!

:bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:

U2 and Led Zeppelin. Two of my most favorite bands. Bullet the Blue Sky is the infusion of these two sounds coming together. Simply monsterous.

I have a feeling I'm going to love Love and Peace or Else for the same reason.

The ZooTV version is killer!

Zoooonted nations!

It's a great, great song. Def one of my favourites, even if only for the inspiring dark atmosphere it creates. It is really one of the most powerful songs U2 have done, and powerful in a different sort of way. I enjoy intensity. And it inspired what's probably the best piece of visual art I'll ever create, so for that it has a very special place in me heart.

Last edited:
the rant during the Boston DVD is incredible, Bono is pissed off man...the song sounded the best during ZOO, just because I loved Edge's guitar work, and his solos were wicked.

Classic song, I just hope they dont play it EVERY night on the next tour. Maybe every other show, playing it at EVERY concert since 1987 is a bit of a stretch for a non-single. The only song that gets this permission is UTEOTW.

Live renditions of Bullet the Blue Sky are my favorite rock song ever and probably my favorite U2 song. It is pure rock and roll, with amazing energy and Edge giving everything he knows.
Some classic versions:
New York August 29th 1992(from Live at the Zoo Station)
Dublin August 28th 1993
Slane August 25th 2001(simply FANTASTIC)

youtwohearts said:
One of my least favorties songs by U2. The only reason I appreciate the song played in concert is because it is the one and only song I would leave to go to the bathroom during.

What she said!

youtwohearts said:

One4U2 would say the same. Sorry. However I had a wall size poster of the light on the Edge that hung on my wall at home for about 5 years.

Didn't see you posted for me! DITTO!

:drool: This is one of my favorite U2 songs. The version on Rattle and Hum is my favorite, followed closely by the Slane version. Edge's guitar gives me chills.

I heard it one time in California Pizza Kitchen. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom