The Band's fav off AB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I could've sworn I read something aobut WGRYWH in that program you can buy at a Vertigo concert, but I just flipped through it and couldn't find anything...maybe I'm going insane :huh:

angelordevil said:

I never noticed the Larry gesture before :up: I think it's fair to say that Bono likes the song better than the others. From what I gather, it came from the original recording sessions for Achtung, the ones Larry thought weren't good enough (sound familiar? :happy:), and it was also the point where the band were drifting apart from each other.

I thought it was also Adam who wasn't on board with the early Achtung sessions.

Also, as Director's commentary on the Best of DVD says, Bono got sick of the long hours of lyp-synching on the song and got tired of it, so he curses and walks out of the camera shot at the end. Larry's gesture looks like a joke to me.

WGRYWH is a great video, very beautiful. But just looking at it, even without listening to the director's commentary, you know it had to have been hell on Bono to shoot. He had to stand around for hours, mouthing the same lyrics over and over again, so he could be shot from multiple angles.
The ending where he stuffs up the lyrics and shouts "FUCK!", then tries again, gives up, says "No." and walks off camera is not the only evidence of his discomfort while shooting. If you look, during the middle 8 (if I recall correctly, that's where it is), in one of the frontal close-up shots, he hangs his head and just looks exhausted.

Though, not enjoying shooting a video for a particular song does not = not liking the song. Edge has said New Year's Day was one of his least favourite videos to shoot. And with good reason, it must have been terribly freezing. That doesn't mean he hates the song though.

Am I the only one who read the title of this thread and thought of Robbie Robertson or Garth Hudson sitting listening to Acthung Baby? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom