the audio on the rattle and hum dvd is fantastic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
i decided to see my rattle and hum dvd on my home theater system the other day, and man, is that audio the best on any u2 dvd ever? it's so clear, raw and rocky, it rocks your socks off.

in gods country :drool:

bad :drool:

streets :drool:

i wish they would use that raw sound again.

I'm no audiophile and I don't know if was because it was a large Paramount Pictures release, but whatever they did, the sound quality on "R&H" the movie IS :drool:

Isn't "R&H" on Blue-Ray disc now, also? I don't know much about high-definition, but does that up the ante on audio as well?

"R&H" on Blue-Ray :combust:

Exit :drool:

With or Without You :combust:

Bad & Streets - well, there are no smileys for dying from sheer joy!

yeah, dont know why either. the available technology today must be way better, but those songs sound better on rattle and hum than on any other dvd.

listen to those heavy drums on streets. apple pie for subwoofers :drool:

The Bullet solo! :hyper:

Heck, all of Bullet sounds incredible. In God's Country is another personal favorite, sound-wise. Edge's guitar is so crisp and clear.

I :drool: Rattle & Hum so much that I have several copies of this dvd , I just can't resist buying one when I run across it . And now it's on HD , I don't even have a HD tv !!! But I will be getting R&H
on HD . :yes:

FitzChivalry said:
Isn't "R&H" on Blue-Ray disc now, also? I don't know much about high-definition, but does that up the ante on audio as well?

It's actually on HD-DVD, I've seen it in stores but I've never talked to anyone who's seen it to say whether it's a big jump in quality or not...

On a side note, if you ever get a chance GO SEE THIS IN THE THEATRE!!! I saw it in an IMAX Theatre and while the picture was nothing special the sound was :drool:

All those extra speakers everywhere... :drool:

listen to with or without you. you can actually hear bono playing in the end. its that clear, guys :drool:

I agree, R&H sound is probably the best live concert sound Ive ever heard thru my speakers. Amazing.

Try watching R&H then watching Zoo TV Sydney dvd. It makes me cry knowing how ZooTV *could* sound.

I have the HD-DVD of it and it is much better audio wise than it is video wise. It was shot mostly on grainy film stock so while it looks better than the regular DVD, it is a far cry from current decent HD standards. (Vertigo Chicago looks amazing in HD)

I would also offer that RnH has hands down some of the best versions of each of those respective songs as well. With or Without You, Pride, and the others named - has Bono's voice ever sounded better or Edge's guitar more chilling? Listen to Larry beating the hell out of that tom when Bono sings the 'whoa oh oh ohs' in WOWY - fucking AMAZING. Adam is just brilliant too, imo. Bullet the Blue Sky, with the light effect - listen to that on surround, baby!

Now to only retrieve my R n H DVD from the jerk that last borrowed it!! :mad:

Chrisedge said:
I have the HD-DVD of it and it is much better audio wise than it is video wise. It was shot mostly on grainy film stock so while it looks better than the regular DVD, it is a far cry from current decent HD standards. (Vertigo Chicago looks amazing in HD)

Wouldn't that be logically the case because the higher the level of resolution that the old film style is transmitted over, the more of the inherent imperfections we'd see...I guess the Vertigo DVD was shot in digital? (sorry for my lack of knowledge there I had just assumed it was digital?)

gabrielvox said:

Wouldn't that be logically the case because the higher the level of resolution that the old film style is transmitted over, the more of the inherent imperfections we'd see...I guess the Vertigo DVD was shot in digital? (sorry for my lack of knowledge there I had just assumed it was digital?)

Well, yes and no. Film has the capability to have higher resolution than HD video, however since it was shot B&W on a grainy film stock, the HD-DVD is showing off "all the resolution (grain)" from the film footage. It does look much better than the DVD however.

I was just reading that Rattle & Hum is the highest selling music title in HD (Both HD-DVD and BlueRay combined)

gabrielvox said:
Now to only retrieve my R n H DVD from the jerk that last borrowed it!! :mad:

NEVER lend anything U2 to anyone! I learn my lesson when a bastard borrow my popmart video and never return it. (and he claims that he did!!!) :mad: :madspit: :mad:

Glad that the dvd is going to be out this April :drool:

:drool:

This conversation really makes me want to watch Rattle and Hum now. It's my favourite.

U2Man said:
i decided to see my rattle and hum dvd on my home theater system the other day, and man, is that audio the best on any u2 dvd ever? it's so clear, raw and rocky, it rocks your socks off.

in gods country :drool:

bad :drool:

streets :drool:

i wish they would use that raw sound again.

:yes: I was watching the DVD recently and I couldn't help thinking this...The sound is so clear and amazing! My favorites on the DVD are Exit, In Gods Country, and With or Without You---AMAZING:drool: Rattle and Hum is my favorite! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom