the archives of long lost U2 songs......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popkidu2

War Child
Ok...a slightly misleading title, but run with me here for a sec.....

I downloaded mp3's tonight of Acrobat and DYFL live. This is when I get really angry as a U2 fan. I cannot for the life of me understand why these songs have not become staples of their live acts.

I wonder why they never revisted these songs....have they forgotten about them?

What other songs do you think U2 has forgotten about that they need to revisit?

------------------
I can't change the world, but I can change the world in me.

Do You Feel Loved was played during the first 2 weeks of the Popmart tour. While an awesome studio song (and you would think it would be a great live song), it really bombed live, the way few U2 songs have. In Vegas (Popmart opener) it sucked. In San Diego (2nd Popmart show) Bono gave it a big intro, jumped around during it, was hyper . . . and got nothing from the audience. The arrangement just wasn't hard-hitting. I cannot imagine that one will ever be brought back.

Acrobat would truly be a great live song, almost any version of it: the studio-style version, the Salome version (Yee-Haw), or the acoustic version they rehearsed for the Fall Zoo Tour leg. On bootleg (of the rehearsals) it appears they were considering using an acoustic Acrobat-Zoo Station medley as the opening song, but decided against it. Bono said he really liked the song. It's a real shame they've never tried it.

U2 can't play Acrobat live! That would rob all their fans of their beloved holy grail! Think of all the threads that would never have started and all the setlist complaints that would never happen if they were to play Acrobat. No, no, my friends. We must be glad that it remains a mystery...it gives us something to strive for and keeps an air of mystique around the U2 live canon.

biggrin.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
U2 can't play Acrobat live! That would rob all their fans of their beloved holy grail! Think of all the threads that would never have started and all the setlist complaints that would never happen if they were to play Acrobat. No, no, my friends. We must be glad that it remains a mystery...it gives us something to strive for and keeps an air of mystique around the U2 live canon.

biggrin.gif

-sula

you could have found a silver lining in the final U2 show, whenever that happens.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

maybe Acrobat will be the final U2 song of their live career...forget the gentle 40 or yearning One, give it some distortion and let it go out with a bang, maybe this is why they refuse to play it...I live in hope

There's one long lost U2 song that I want back:

WIRE!!!!!!

This song absolutely rocks! And it hasn't been played since 1985. I love the end of the song where Bono is screaming out those last few lines ending with "I'm no dope I give you hope. Here's the rope. Here's the rope, now, SWING ON IT!".

I'm glad some other lost songs returned this tour though: Out Of Control, 11 0' Clock Tick Tock, Party Girl, full band Sunday Bloody Sunday.

[This message has been edited by ericb (edited 11-15-2001).]

My final wish is to have "Drowning Man" played at the tip of the heart with Bono and Edge. Would love to see the haunting song come alive!

Scarlet - if Bono could hack it

Into the Heart

Summer Rain/Dancing Bearfoot (acoustic) The chords are the same, pretty much

Love is Blindness should be played again - that's one of their best live songs.

When I loow at the world

Premenade

Oh GOd there's just too many.

------------------
Watch More TV, ITs your world you can change it, taste is the enemy of art, Every thing you know if wrong, mock the devil, and he will flee from thee
www.geocities.com/nshaikspike/evil.html

Back
Top Bottom