the apologize to chizip and others thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
i know i certainly got a lot of flack for saying it wouldnt be a spring realease, and now that it appears to be true ill let everyone who doubted me to apoligize here.

regie im looking at you, u2mdfan, axver, u2girl....

calling us biznithes and what not was just plain disrespectul, so here ya go, a chance to apologize...

does it really matter who is right?

I will not apologize because I didn't call you names and because we still didn't get anything official. (=official announcement by the band/label/management or U2.com site, various rumors that keep coming don't count)
Right up until early this year, signs pointed to a Spring release, does shifting the release to Autumn all of a sudden make you right?

I think us "spring" fans got a lot more flak than the autumn part of the forum did. With all the "delusioned", "dreamers" and all that kind of stuff.

Last edited:
*BOOMCHAA!* said:
this thread sucks
yep, I probably should close it since it doesn't seem that this thread was started with the intent to discuss the next U2 album
but I'll leave it open so that other people can also agree that this thread in fact does suck

does that make me a bad mod?
as far as I can see the only possible answer can be: meh

my intent with this thread is to go back and repost all the funny predictions everyone has made, i just havent had time to get to that part yet, im a busy man

Chizip...I never called you a name, per say (is that the correct spelling? It's better than biznithes, that's for sure), however I did disagree with you wholeheartedly and rightfully so at the time. Since it seems that time is proving me wrong I will say this: It appears (sadly Axver) that March thru May are not in the cards at this time....but, since their has been no official word I will wait until late March before I bow down and accept defeat. I am man enough to admit when I'm wrong, and I will when I am "proven" wrong. Now is not the time.

P.S. This thread sux.

Come on people, can't we all just get along. We're one, but we're not the same.

It's like this is high school and you had a fight at the lunch table. We're on a message board. We don't know each other. You all know me as the acrobat, but in all honesty, I'm no acrobat at all. Everyone should stop being so personal.

Well, whatever apology you expect from me, you can go fuck yourself.

All I've ever said, and predicted (on New Years Eve, I predicted the album to come out on Bono's 44th birthday, May 10th)
has been from what the band have actually said, and what the people around them have actually said.

When the album comes out before September, I won't be asking you to apologize for shit, I'll just be glad its out.

Something you fail to understand is that you are still relying on a basis of rumor. When you give me substantial evidence or a good reason that the album will come out in September I will admit that my prediction was wrong.

As for an apology, why should anyone have to apolgize for shit? All I've ever done is predicted. I predicted March when people close to the band said spring. When it became obvious that March was probably nt realistic, others close to the band said spring. I still think May is possible, you tell me, you wonderful jackass, why we would have heard ANYTHING by now even if the album was coming out in May.

I've posted numerous times articles, including one from June 2000, where Edge said the album was not finsihed and that Bono hadn't even written the lyrics yet, and the ALBUM WAS OUT 4 months later. This is not my first wait for a U2 album, you do not understand the process and all you feed on is RUMOR.

You are relying on information that could very well be false. I want you to show me where, anywhere, anything credible, that says the album will be coming out in the fall, and I'll admit I was wrong about my prediction because that's all it was.

If you think you deserve some modicum of respect or acknowledgement because you are a pessimistic, impatient fan, then you can, as I said before, fuck yourself, do it twice.

No apology needed. If the album comes out 2 years from when I predicted, I'll just laugh about it. Because moreso than anything, I am here for information on the band, their new album and the progress of the new album, not what you or anyone else fucking thinks.

Do you realize that it is not even Febuary until tommorrow? Do you realize that you are saying that it will take U2 7 months to release an album that has ALREADY been recorded. But I suppose they were lying because you read a rumor that said otherwise? You are a fool.

Count me in for those that will be happy when something tangible or official comes out about the release, and I STILL won't give a fuck that you were wrong, I'll just laugh to myself.

And if I'm wrong, I still don't give a fuck, it doesn't matter what I say, or you say, I try to point out reasons for NOT believing rumors and all you and others like you do is look for reasons NOT to BELIEVE them.

Anyone can fabricate a rumor.
Anyone can have false information.
If an album by anyone, any artist, any band has been recorded there is not a logical, fathomable reason to think that it would take 9 months to release it after it has been recorded.

There is no apology coming from me, and shouldn't be from anyone else, because who is your source? Who do you base this off of? Show me the press release. Show me the information that unequivocally proves you were right. And if you are right, you will be able to champion yourself as being right, nothing more, nothing less because it means nothing.

Look at the history of the band. Look at the precedent set by the band. Look at the timelines. Look at the actual reports FROM the band and those close to them. Show the rumors up your ass and it will reside in the same place as your expected apologies.

U2DMfan -

I'm not going to pretend to know when the album is coming out, and nor am I going to decide which sources are legitimate. However, I must pass on a couple supposed recent utterances: The most credible sounding one is from band photographer, Anton Corbjin, who, according to @U2.com, was quoted as saying the album would be out in September. He would know, because he's doing the photos and thus has to meet certain deadlines. Secondly, both Paul McGuinness (via Universal Italy) and Universal France have allegedly stated fall release dates (again, stated at @U2.com). Who knows if these are credible, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are.

Chizip, I got in this forum by accident (I was aiming for EYKIW, but my monitor res is so small, I often miss on the drop-down menu), and I don't care what anyone said about the new album, but you have my props b/c you IMed me when my friend died, that was pretty cool, and I never thanked you.

The release of an album is something I (nor anyone here I presume) have no control over, so it's really not worth fighting about. At least Chizip cares about real tragedies.

Chizip said:
my intent with this thread is to go back and repost all the funny predictions everyone has made, i just havent had time to get to that part yet, im a busy man

See, none of the spring people would brag about it if we should happen to be right, and certainly none of us ridiculed the other side. There was nothing funny about Adam, Daniel Lanois, Anton Corbijn or Paul Mcguiness saying the album is virtually finished/coming out in Spring. (unless of course, you're saying they were all lying)
Suppose they only pushed the album back because Bono has activism stuff ahead, and the album is actually finished. Then who'd be right?

I am sorry for personal losses or troubles of other people and I did respond to that several times in the past and I will not be accused of being an insensitive idiot - you do NOT know me so I'd appreciate it if you don't judge me.

It's not mine - or any "spring release" fans - fault someone decided to poke fun of those who happened to have a different opinion and openly wants to humiliate those who have yet to be proven wrong anyway. He brought it all on himself - if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Last edited:
I honestly think Chizip was joking people.....No need to get all fired up. My post was an honest answer to Chizip calling me out. When March - May pass I will admit I was wrong. However, I will not apologize, because there is nothing for me to apologize for. It's that simple.

jesus christ some of you need to grow up! chizip was joking. the way people here tend to fly off the handle about some small comment is part of why i didn't post here for over a year. i've seen more maturity in day cares.

U2girl said:

I am sorry for personal losses or troubles of other people and I did respond to that several times in the past and I will not be accused of being an insensitive idiot - you do NOT know me so I'd appreciate it if you don't judge me.

Oh, my comment wasn't meant for you. It was directed at Chizip, as a personal thank you. Sorry if I was not clear.

we're all sorry that we are sorry........
the band is sorry....
ESPN is sorry......
Sorry Sorryington is sorry.......

and Bono is sorry...hugs to all and goodnite

U2DMfan said:
Well, whatever apology you expect from me, you can go fuck yourself.

All I've ever said, and predicted (on New Years Eve, I predicted the album to come out on Bono's 44th birthday, May 10th)
has been from what the band have actually said, and what the people around them have actually said.

When the album comes out before September, I won't be asking you to apologize for shit, I'll just be glad its out.

Something you fail to understand is that you are still relying on a basis of rumor. When you give me substantial evidence or a good reason that the album will come out in September I will admit that my prediction was wrong.

As for an apology, why should anyone have to apolgize for shit? All I've ever done is predicted. I predicted March when people close to the band said spring. When it became obvious that March was probably nt realistic, others close to the band said spring. I still think May is possible, you tell me, you wonderful jackass, why we would have heard ANYTHING by now even if the album was coming out in May.

I've posted numerous times articles, including one from June 2000, where Edge said the album was not finsihed and that Bono hadn't even written the lyrics yet, and the ALBUM WAS OUT 4 months later. This is not my first wait for a U2 album, you do not understand the process and all you feed on is RUMOR.

You are relying on information that could very well be false. I want you to show me where, anywhere, anything credible, that says the album will be coming out in the fall, and I'll admit I was wrong about my prediction because that's all it was.

If you think you deserve some modicum of respect or acknowledgement because you are a pessimistic, impatient fan, then you can, as I said before, fuck yourself, do it twice.

No apology needed. If the album comes out 2 years from when I predicted, I'll just laugh about it. Because moreso than anything, I am here for information on the band, their new album and the progress of the new album, not what you or anyone else fucking thinks.

Do you realize that it is not even Febuary until tommorrow? Do you realize that you are saying that it will take U2 7 months to release an album that has ALREADY been recorded. But I suppose they were lying because you read a rumor that said otherwise? You are a fool.

Count me in for those that will be happy when something tangible or official comes out about the release, and I STILL won't give a fuck that you were wrong, I'll just laugh to myself.

And if I'm wrong, I still don't give a fuck, it doesn't matter what I say, or you say, I try to point out reasons for NOT believing rumors and all you and others like you do is look for reasons NOT to BELIEVE them.

Anyone can fabricate a rumor.
Anyone can have false information.
If an album by anyone, any artist, any band has been recorded there is not a logical, fathomable reason to think that it would take 9 months to release it after it has been recorded.

There is no apology coming from me, and shouldn't be from anyone else, because who is your source? Who do you base this off of? Show me the press release. Show me the information that unequivocally proves you were right. And if you are right, you will be able to champion yourself as being right, nothing more, nothing less because it means nothing.

Look at the history of the band. Look at the precedent set by the band. Look at the timelines. Look at the actual reports FROM the band and those close to them. Show the rumors up your ass and it will reside in the same place as your expected apologies.

whoa.......:yikes:

*steps to the side of the road to let the firing squad through*

This thread was worth it just for U2DMfan's post. I was laughing hysterically and exclaiming "Right on!" as I read it.

Re: does it really matter who is right?

U2girl said:

Right up until early this year, signs pointed to a Spring release,

actually, there had been a lot of signs pointing to a delay. bono throwing away some songs...bringing in lanois...being unhappy with the strings in a few songs and ditching them...all of bonos charity work...and just the fact that they are u2 and you should expect delays from them. yet when a delayer would say these things looked like it could mean a delay we got responses like "THE ALBUM IS DONE!!!" and "THERE IS NO DELAY!!!" like it was a fact, which obviously turned out not to be true.

and this thread wasnt intended to openly humiliate anyone, it was supposed to be a fun thread in a time of so much doom and gloom. isnt it fun to go back and look at predictions after the fact? i guess when one is wrong it isnt so much fun, but hell, it looks like even i am going to be wrong as it could be even later than my prediction, i dont really see a reason to get upset over it though.

besides, if it would have been a spring release i would have started a chizip apology thread and apologized to all i had doubted that it would have been a spring release and said something like, "man im an idiot, it looks like you guys were right all along, great job." i guess im just polite like that.

I don't doubt you would gave
but given the tension that there already is in this forum over this subject, this thread still wasn't a good idea

it was always clear that this one wouldn't tickle the funny bone of at least part of the posters over here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom