The album is starting to sink in now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I knew it was at least pretty darn good from the start, but there was something about it that just didn't seem right to me. It just seemed disjointed somehow. I kind of felt like I was enjoying the crap out of it simply because I was supposed to because it was new U2 music.

Well, now that's changing. I'm beginning to think of these songs in terms of another part of a huge U2 collection instead of just an individual album. I'm getting used to these songs and becoming comfortble with them and they're only getting better. I'm starting to develope "comfort zone" type songs from this album. Just like I did with all the past U2 albums. It's really starting to come together for me and I must say that I like it alot. I don't realy like the excitement as much as I like the comfort.

Now that this album is starting to sink in and become more "old" to me (that's not a bad thing) I'm liking it alot more. It's like We got some new family memmbers.

Which songs did you found too hard to 'sink' in? You see, i hate the album. Has some of the best songs (2 of them), but the rest... :tsk:

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
Which songs did you found too hard to 'sink' in? You see, i hate the album. Has some of the best songs (2 of them), but the rest... :tsk:

OMG!!1!!!I HAIT DA ALBUM TOO1!!!!!!!!11! I PUKED WHEN I HERD IT!!! I PUKED da SECOND TIME I HERD IT TOO!!11!!!

yes.... of course you did....... but who cares? if you dont like it thats fine... just dont listen to it

FullonEdge2 said:

OMG!!1!!!I HAIT DA ALBUM TOO1!!!!!!!!11! I PUKED WHEN I HERD IT!!! I PUKED da SECOND TIME I HERD IT TOO!!11!!!

omfg!!!11 gimmik infringment!!!11:angry:

KUEFC09U2 said:
yes.... of course you did....... but who cares? if you dont like it thats fine... just dont listen to it

I hope you're not referring to my post:lol:

Hey Fly, are you serious?
It's really too bad when you have been a "virgin" all along and got disappointed?
You hate the album...
Oh no...

God Part III said:
Hey Fly, are you serious?
It's really too bad when you have been a "virgin" all along and got disappointed?
You hate the album...
Oh no...

No. Hate is too strong word. I love U2 and every song they make cause it can't be so bad.
But! I really love only Miracle Drug. After that comes LAPOE as the runner-up. COBL, SYCMOYO, ABOY and Vertigo are next.
The rest of the songs hadn't 'hit me'.
I can swallow Original and Crumbs, maybe even One Step Closer, but I must say i dislike A Man And A Woman. I'm not saying it's a bad song, I just don't like it - a matter of taste probably... :reject:
And I find Fast Cars pretty good, interesting at least. It really IS something never done before by them.

So, yes, I was expecting sth better after all that hype and the clips, but it is a decent album, nothing more. To me.

P.S. I get goosebumps every time i listen to Miracle Drug, through the HOLE SONG!!!

:drool:

Its odd...after all the "One Step Closer" bashing, I expected an awful, tedious song, yet it was one of the most immediate songs to me...very much in the vein of "Miss Sarajevo". Truly great song IMO.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
You know some U2 albums take some time to digest...give yourself a few more listens. I love everything on it at this moment.

I'll surely will. But did you also got sick from some of the songs before?! I guess not...

P.S. sorry for calling you Shirley... :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom