The Album Contest Final Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jonnytakeawalk said:

Then thank God they didn't have more time!

Honestly Stay is perfect as it is. I'd take U2's early underdeveloped stuff (streets, Stay) over their latest overdeveloped stuff (miracle drug, city of blinding lights) anyday!

AMEN!

me too!

i'm still racking my brains as to why Pop is so highly regarded considering it's glaringly obvious hollow sound!

Jesus HTDAAB is below Pop. I thought everybody loveeeeeeeeeed that album on here. Can't argue with the list lineup although I would have AB followed by Pop then JT and then UF or Zooropa. Currently Unforgettable Fire is the album I'm playing the most.:wink:

gareth brown said:
me too!

i'm still racking my brains as to why Pop is so highly regarded considering it's glaringly obvious hollow sound!

Cos its an album with raw and unfinished genius, not like the over produced rubbish they have made on the last 2 albums!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:

Cos its an album with raw and unfinished genius, not like the over produced rubbish they have made on the last 2 albums!:wink:

:up:

Your persistence in posting the green wink face cracks me up everytime! :lmao:

rjhbonovox said:

Haha! 'Unfinished' does not equal 'Good Album' :wink: I personally feel 'Pop' was a travesty since they were recording songs you just KNOW are meant to sound fantastic but they just couldn't be BOTHERED to finish. It's like there's LOADS more to hear but it just sounds empty because of 'tour commitments' and general apathy. Saying that it's "Raw" as a result to try and cover it up like a stain on the carpet doesn't help either! ;)

'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb' is a travesty as well, production wise. Over-producing and blowing out of proportion lots of tracks to make up for bad songwriting, so don't get the idea I think it's any better than that waste of vinyl, Pop! :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom