The aftermath of Pop and the result of the last 2 albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
Got another thread to start so hope this goes somewhere :)

I got into a conversation about the newest album, and my mate who works in a used cd shop and is a major U2 fan himself really felt like the newest album and the preceeding one were basically the same album. Same sound and same general feel and the fact it seems like there really still apologizing for Pop. We were promised a rock album and that promise didnt really get fullfilled.
His joke was that the band should just send 14 bucks back to those who didnt like the album and just drop it.

Now How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb does have some great songs but apart from Vertigo and Love and Peace you dont really have that aspect in this album.

My response was that although it is a classic Joshua Tree's sound just isnt what they really should have been shooting for and that they've just been trying to play it safe. If you think about the closest U2 have gone to a true Rock album was Achtung Baby which least I think is the sound they should have been aiming for again.

Anyway Ill open the floor up cause Im interested in opinions.

no offense to you, but this topic has been discussed at length recently. there are quite a few threads that all deal with this issue, here is one i started

http://forum.interference.com/t133300.html

its locked so you cant reply to that, but im sure there are other threads still going you could participate in

needless to say i agree with the overall point of this topic

The "Why I thought HTDAAB sucked" thread in the 'Where The Album Has A Name' sub forum is probably the topic for you. Have a read!

No, just U2 post-Pop and the last two albums have a dozen recent threads and it's easier for everyone if they are limited to as few as possible, plus, the more in on the existing debates the better!

All Because of You and Crumbs From Your Table are obvious "rock" songs, and they are o the album.

Also Are You Gonna Wait Forever should have been on the album

Wow! I see... another HTDAAB bashing thread! Bahhhh
I ain't gonna comment this anymore loooooool:wink:
I'm starting to think that this is something for Candid-Camera or something like that...

intedomine said:
All Because of You and Crumbs From Your Table are obvious "rock" songs, and they are o the album.

Also Are You Gonna Wait Forever should have been on the album

Are You Gonna Wait Forever, bought the Vertigo single 2 days ago, because i wanted this b-side and listened to it 30 times in a row, my god it brillant, best b-side ever, brillant rock song, I hate U2 for not having this on the album.

Back
Top Bottom