The Acrobat, live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
There was once a version, long ago, where they played it at a sound check. I think.

Where on earth can I find this? I'm desperate for this, please!!

Only when there's a Chem Test this Wed... we start answering each other's threads. :huh: .....urrrgghh, bloody orgo...

*** now back to the real topic of this thread!!

i think they can play it....just didnt know where to put it on the tour (zoo tv)
the U2 book says that they were going to play it as an intro to zoo station, i wouldnt have liked that....
prehaps after during the accoustic set

Hmm...wasn't the only "version" of acrobat only the first verse or so, with Bono on acoustic guitar, that then segued into Zoo station? (hershey tapes version) And a longer one, but still it's only Bono with acoustic guitar?

Or is there some full band version ? :confused:

U2girl said:
Hmm...wasn't the only "version" of acrobat only the first verse or so, with Bono on acoustic guitar, that then segued into Zoo station? (hershey tapes version) And a longer one, but still it's only Bono with acoustic guitar?

Or is there some full band version ? :confused:

Your correct, there is no full band live version of Acrobat that has ever surfaced. They worked on a full band version briefly in Dublin during rehearsals prior to the Zoo indoor tour but decided to come back to it later and work on other songs instead. They never really did and only rehearsed the Bono acoustic thing. I believe the plan was to have Bono emerge from the B stage with the lights on and sing it acoustic without his Fly shades or leather coat on. Then the lights would go out and the intro we all know would start and Bono would go back to the main stage under the ramp and appear at the screen with the full Fly gear on and the show as we know it would start from there. Would have been interesting, but odd. They felt that way and decided to just do the GB rap opening only.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom