the achtung/zoo/pop-era appreciation thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you mean *heart-wrenching solo* of course

:wink:

Love is drowning
In a deep well
All the secrets :shh:
And no one to tell

zoo-edge.jpg

how many people here are remotely "excited" or even "interested" in u2's post 2000 material?

i mean honestly, "excited". there is absolutely nothing that they've done that begs me to want to hear it again. nothing.

the 90's, they had it down. then some shitass fans/critics rained on their parade, the band got scared, and the rest is history.

oh well, we still do have the 90's no matter how badly u2 want us to forget about it.

i mean afterall, the lyrics were far too complex, the music "too out there", and the image not as digestable for conservative america.

but hey, this new u2 rocks too! of course, it's very much rock and roll indeed...what with shout outs to bush and blair as being the two who are leading this world...now THAT'S ROCKING FOR AUTHORITY!!!!!!

Last edited:
Now... rocking against authority???!!! :hmm:

Why, Green Day's 'Holiday' of course... from American Idiot. What a great song! What a great album!

sorry, totally off-topic.

Zootlesque said:
Now... rocking against authority???!!! :hmm:

Why, Green Day's 'Holiday' of course... from American Idiot. What a great song! What a great album!

sorry, totally off-topic.

Are you being sarcastic? Cuz I really like that song... :reject: In fact I like the whole album, but Holiday for me is the best song.

I love all eras of U2, but 90's U2 is by far my favourite. U2 had the music, the attitude, the looks...they had it all. They still do, but to a lesser degree.

And Pop is the greatest album ever. Either that or Achtung Baby :D

MOFO!!!!!! :rockon:

Nope... not being sarcastic at all. I :heart: Holiday to death. It may even be my all-time fav Green day song. Great fucking album too, really!

No, Mr. Brau... Kite does not belong in this thread! :mad:

:wink:

Okay good :D I agree, that song is CATCHY AS HELL. And it's also just, you know, GOOD. And fun to play on guitar :D

But back to 90's U2... Bono needs to dress up like The Fly again... :drool: I farggin love The Fly, and it wasn't just at shows, it was the music videos, interviews...Bono really BECAME the character! Unfortunatley there's no way he could do that now with his political work and such...oh well, I still have hundreds of Fly pics to drool over :D

Back
Top Bottom