The Achtung/Zoo-Era Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of a good program that will let you upload something off a cassette tape from a radio? I've got an interview with Bono and Edge that was done in Stockholm 1993 that is taped from the radio. I'd love to share...but I don't know how to do that. :reject:

Never happened so much in so little time in the music world. The idea of what a record and a rock show can be was changed forever with Achtung Baby and ZooTv.

And btw, people could be distracted with the screens and all that stuff at ZooTv, but not so distracted to realize that musically U2 were better than ever. And the main reason for that is that they had better songs than they had before like zoo station, the fly, until the end of the world, one, ultraviolet, love is blindness.

Yes, let me join to the BIG HAIL TO ACHTUNG AND ZOOTV !!!

Zootv - The greatest rock tour EVER.

MissBecky: I dont know of any program that can transfer something from a cassette tape to the computer. Once i used a microphone to record something from a tape to my computer. But i do hope that somebody knows of such a program, because i would love to hear that interview.

ACHTUNG BABY is the soundtrack of my life:up:
ACHTUNG BABY is the HIMALAYA and ACROBAT is the very top of it all. ACROBAT is the Mt. Everest
ZOO TV was best tour ever !!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
give it a go and make it happen - sign the ACROBAT petition here:
http://www.petitiononline.com/qv3d4382/petition.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...when I'm on the floor the kids yell for more, more, more (The Groover by T.Rex) *****

Last edited:
Long live Zoo TV! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

When Sydney is finally released on DVD, I think we need to have a DVD viewing party here on Interference. :D

this thread is ruining my work day. i can't concentrate in anything else but go home and play my zootv-sydney vhs tape.

Achtung Baby, Zooropa, and Pop are all such cool albums it's hard to put into words exactly how cool they are. I think it's because of these three that U2 continues to have a young fan base and also were a decided - if not welcome - change for the old-timers.

Achtung Baby in my opinion is the BEST album they did and one of the best albums ever made, period. Simple as that.

I've often told people that if I ever got to meet any or all of the members of U2, the very first thing I'd tell them is that I LOVED "Pop." I absolutely wore that CD out and I think it was bashed unnecessarily throughout all of 1997. Likewise, Popmart was one of the most amazing shows I've ever been to (I remember telling my brother that I felt like I was in a comic book) and was WAY ahead of it's time; maybe still is . Along with The Unforgettable Fire, Pop is probably my favorite U2 album. Oddly, though they sound drastically different, Pop reminds me a lot of October. Can't explain why, but it does.

Lastly, Zooropa is a great album to play while having sex.

The cover of Zooropa is arguably the best of U2's career. In my mind, only the JT cover can compete. Zooropa cover :drool:

That's fine, but this thread isn't about Pop.

Fair enough.

Achtung Baby and Zooropa to me represent one of the biggest shifts a band has undertaken since the Beatles did it with Seargent Pepper (though I wasn't born when the Beatles were a band). I remember AB catching me WAY off guard and thinking "What in the world have they done? Why would the best band in the world copy Jesus Jones?" Obviously after listening to it a second or third time, I was hooked. Although it is/was considered by some to be sarcastic and "earnestless" compared to their previous work, Achtung Baby to me is the bands crowning achievement in the studio. Probably one of the top 10 albums of all time. The tour was incredible too. Zoo TV Outside Broadcast was actually the first concert played in the Georgia Dome and I'm proud to say I was there (I remember Bono saying "Nice place you got here"). Although the show started in a sarcastic mode, if you will, their Unforgettabe Fire and Joshua Tree-esque passion was clearly evident as the show progressed. Absolutely mesmerizing experience.

...and Zooropa is a great album to play while having sex.

Pop has nothing to do with this folks. Pop is 4 years after, and do not mix these things.

However:

Zooropa - best song ever next to Until The End Of The World. No song reaches such a climax.

Achtung! - The name of my iPod.

Even better than the real thing, was the first song a long term girlfriend of mine tried to ban from my stereo. As a result of that it was the first song she heard whenever she came over :wink:
Ohhhh, and whenever she complained about it i simply had to give the song another spin.

Too bad her revenge was the to play a New kids song everytime i came to her house :madspit: Damn new kids

NOW I COME IN:

Axver, what are you doing in here??Nobody said things in Heartland thread like you did here.
You can't put your opinion in my mind. Okay, Heartland rules, but
ZOO TV IS THE BEST TOUR IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!
Just because you love Lovetown and, in my opinion shitty, songs like When Love Comes to Town, Love Rescue me(STOP VIOLENCE AGAINST ME) and all doesn't give you the right to bash and kill the atmosphere, pardon ZOO TV atmosphere, in here.

Thank you.

Now:

WATCH MORE TV EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG ACHTUNG RULES ZOO TV IS DA BOMB ETC.

djerdap said:
Adam has the biggest dick ever.
See, you're obviously dying for a reply here... :wink:

Anyways, some great years we're talking here. I guess the only gripe I have is that the setlists were nowhere near as rotated as they are now, but thanks to the Zooropa album for adding a new dimension. Really, who else in the mainstream has the balls to make such a gutsy album? And Achtung Baby totally turned me into a fan. A great album to eat a whole box of pizza to (as I remember, that's what I was doing while I had my first listen). This era revolutionized the band and how they are perceived. ZOO-TV was such a dramatic step away from Lovetown and The Joshua Tree Tour.

:rockon: to this era.

miss becky said:
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car :drool:
this is the first song i listened to when i came home from the hospital after my car wreck. :giggle:

i love that song. the opening is something else...i love playing it for people who don't know the song because they're like "uhhh...what is this?" then the music starts and they're like :ohmy:

Love we shine like a burining star ah fuck it.........

(Oh, baby child)

It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky
It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight
They say the sun is sometimes eclipsed by a moon
You know I don't see you when she walks in the room

It's no secret that a friend is someone who lets you help
It's no secret that a liar won't believe anyone else
They say a secret is something you tell one other person
So I'm telling you...child
Low Voice Gospel Voice

A man will beg Love...we shine like a
A man will crawl burning star