The Achtung/Zoo-Era Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:
Can we keep this free of Pop-talk? I don't want that ever-so-controversial record causing any sort of convo that could infect and/or ruin this thread. Achtung/Zoo-Era Appreciation!

Oh sorry!

djerdap said:
Imas sliku adama golog sprijeda na achtung baby coveru.

Where was I?

Last Night on Earth rocks live.
Popmart versions of Streets are not from this planet.
Zoo Station is the best concert opener ever.
Elevation REALLY sucks.
Until the End of the World ending... :drool:
Adam has more alcohol in his blood than chords in his head on a rainy Sydney night, November 26th 1993
Tryin' to Throw Your Arms(live versions) is the ultimate relaxing, drinking song.

We want more!
Hell o no we won't go

djerdap said:

Oh sorry!
Ko da te briga!!

Zoo station when The Fly kicks the air a few times and a lightning for a second and Edge rules and it just rocks and i could go on and on but it's so great words can't express it

I'm all alone in this world and a f....... world it is.

I know it's Wake up dead man but it fits perfect now cause noone will admire the glory of ZOO TV.

You have to watch more tv

Mr.McPhisto is the best alter-ego ever.
ZooTV saw the best opening acts ever: Pixies, Pearl Jam, Ramones... :rockon:
They didn't play Love Rescue Me on ZooTV. And, I thank all my lucky stars for this, they didn't COMPOSE Elevation on Zoo TV...
I Still Haven't Found version from Rotterdam, July 11st 1993 is fantastic. One of the best performances by the band ever.
Dublin 1993 version of With or Without You is the worst U2 performance ever.
"Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief". Brilliant.

pero, sto se tice gejse... everything you know is wrong

You know something? You're fucking beautiful!

Ahh...the Mirrorball Man. I miss that rocking harmonica solo at the end of Desire. :drool:

Pero said:
Fuck remixes!!I don't include Elvis' cover because it's not U2

Remixes can and often are kick ass and sometimes even better than the album versions....WGRYWH(Temple Bar Remix) is an example of one that is better than the album version.

And I don't care if it's originally Elvis, he didn't write it either. It's a beautiful song and I CANNOT imagine ZooTV shows ending any other way.

Best Bono quote ever on a ZooTV concert(London, August 11th 1993) during Until the End of the World: "Is this rock and roll? How the fuck would I know?"
Performances of Ultra Violet featured best Bono vocals post-Lovetown...
Edge's solo during Wild Horses on East Rutherford, March 18th 1992 is fantastic. Best performance of the song ever.
This era featured the band's biggest mistake: they didn't play Acrobat live.
Lemon-Stay combo on Zooropa is to die for.
Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me is a kickass rock song and a great video(without the Bat footage).
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car live crushes the inferior studio version.

Achtung baby,, Who's gonna fall at the foot of thee

ME !!!

Axver said:
U2's worst era ever. :down:

:wink:

Actually, that was the one when they were on a big ego-trip and included bad covers(All Along the Watchtower - don't confuse this with the Lovetown performances) on their album and doing atrocities like Love Rescue Me.

Taking a snippet of that more serious piece of music and putting it right at the beginning of Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car was a stroke of genius. It makes the whole song 200% better.

bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

Wembley Zoo TV 1993. Bono slides onto the stage wearing leather, fly glasses, cigarette, high kicks. I'm ready for the laughing gas.

Wembley Popmart 1997 giant lemon, popmusik, hype, lights, noise, boom cha

Manchester Elevation 2002 woo-hoo...erm, and more woo-hoo.

Manchester Vertigo June 14th 2005???? Not even till the end of the world?

Nuff said. U2 ROCKED during the nineties.:yes:

sarahlou said:
bubble poppin' sugar droppin' rock and roll

Wembley Zoo TV 1993. Bono slides onto the stage wearing leather, fly glasses, cigarette, high kicks. I'm ready for the laughing gas.

Wembley Popmart 1997 giant lemon, popmusik, hype, lights, noise, boom cha

Manchester Elevation 2002 woo-hoo...erm, and more woo-hoo.

Manchester Vertigo June 14th 2005???? Not even till the end of the world?

Nuff said. U2 ROCKED during the nineties.:yes:

No Pop-talk please.

And :rockon: to the mohawk Adam had for five minutes during ZooTV.

Edge's ZooTV Beanie - the black one with the little white drawings around its brim....the beanie by which all other beanies should be measured.

Anyone know where I can get one?

Lemon-With or Without You combo rocks.
Dirty Day from Adelaide November 16th 1993 features some SICK guitarplaying. Edge is the boss.
Best lyrics ever: "In my dreams, I was drowning my sorrows and my sorrows, they learned to swim. Surrounding me, going down on me, spilling over the brim."
Opening notes of Zoo Station changed my life forever(my first U2 song, listening to my brother's Achtung Baby cassette).

actually, ZooTV is one of those moments of my life I wish I could live over agin. Such a trip, right up there with my wedding day in best days ever. I've watched more TV ever since

Dirty Day from Adelaide November 16th 1993 features some SICK guitarplaying. Edge is the boss.
Saw that first hand awesome night.

Achtung Baby: awesome album
ZooTV: Now thats how you put on a rock show.

sarahlou said:
actually, ZooTV is one of those moments of my life I wish I could live over agin.

Same here. I have more memories of that Zoo TV concert than of the Popmart show and Elevation show combined. And I cherish those memories a thousand times more.

I never made it to the joshua tree tour. I knew a man who had been there and for years I was dead jealous, felt I'd missed out on U2's finest moments cos I was only about 14 at the time, didn't have any money to go to a show.

Looking back, I feel so lucky to have been part of the ZooTV experience. Can anything or anyone ever top that? We were right there - was that rock and roll? you bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom