The 4th Single: City of Blinding Lights or Miracle Drug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Infinitum98 said:
I still don't understand what is the point of releasing singles. On the radio, why can't they just play any song from the album instead of playing singles. And why can't songs directly from the album (not thru singles) be on the bilboard charts etc. I don't get what singles are for.
I think it goes back to the beginning of pop and rock music when singles were more commonly released than full albums. And I guess the industry just chose to hang on to the tradition of releasing singles, even after full albums became the norm.

They've obviously become less lucrative with the advent of MP3s/the internet so that people don't have to go out and buy the singles to obtain the b-sides they contain. And with singles now being legitimately sold in digital form on the internet, I think it's safe to say that singles will be nearly, if not completely, phased out in matter of a few years.

agree with Pero's point that City of Blinding lights is a beautiful song and should not be subjected to the chop and chage treatment.....

Miracle Drug is my favourite song of the album and i think it should be the next single and if they must release another one then i guess of the remaining tracks OOTS is the obvious choice

Back
Top Bottom