The 4 Disc DVD box due out this summer - details emerge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miggy D said:

People don't talk like that in the US.

Can? Mate?

US translation: "Blow it out your ass, pal."

Now THAT'S American.

-Miggy

In the interests of furthering cultural diversity on this site I will offer the Australian version:

"Blow it our your arse, mate." :wink:

Just confirmed by Universal New Zealand. There is a boxset scheduled for release in September 2005.

The box wil include 3 dvd's/shows:
Live at Red Rocks
Zoo TV Live from Sydney
Popmart Live from Mexico

Source:u2newzooland

ChillyWilly said:
Just confirmed by Universal New Zealand. There is a boxset scheduled for release in September 2005.

Live at Red Rocks
Zoo TV Live from Sydney
Popmart Live from Mexico

I'll believe it when i see it in my hands!

Great to have those out....disappointed the rumours of the Lovetown and Sarajevo shows on dvd don't seem to be true still!:madspit:

ChillyWilly said:

Live at Red Rocks
Zoo TV Live from Sydney
Popmart Live from Mexico

this is better than sex :drool:

ChillyWilly said:

Live at Red Rocks
Zoo TV Live from Sydney
Popmart Live from Mexico

:hyper: :hyper:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Agreed. Gone and LNOE are one of the highlights from that show to me. :up: The whole show is amazing! A LOT of energy from the band and specially from Bono, one of my favorite U2 live moments is when he adds some extra lines to the end of All I Want Is You! Fucking great! The "Fuck the past, kiss the picture!" line at the beginning of EBTTRT is classic! Too bad they won't be showing the whole thing.

i thought at the beginning of the real thing...bono says....fuck the past and kiss the future...

bono_man2002 said:
The first three discs sound awsome, I dont know about Elevation ND, prehaps release a New York date, after 9/11.
I know they tried to film a NY date in October, but it didnt turn out.

yeah, we definately need a post 9-11 elevation show:slant:

NYRangers78 said:

i thought at the beginning of the real thing...bono says....fuck the past and kiss the future...
:lol:

Yes, thats exactly what he says. I don't know why I wrote picture instead of future. :lmao: That's a little embarrasing though. :reject:

EDIT: By the way I'm very happy that the box set has been confirmed even though it's not exactly like it was first described it's still great news. :hyper: Can't wait to have it in my hands!!! :hyper: :drool:

Last edited:
Not sure if this was posted already in this thread but here it is again from u2log.com :

Pop-afficionados world wide and among U2log.com staff have been anxiously waiting for U2’s Popmart Live from Mexico show to be released on DVD. The wait is almost over, it seems. Universal New Zealand have informed fansite U2 New Zooland that the previously rumoured ‘U2 DVD boxed-set’ has appeared on their release-schedule for September 2005.

The set will contain three titles: Live at Red Rocks, Zoo TV Live from Sydney and Popmart Live from Mexico.

(via U2 New Zooland)

Came across this article tonight:

http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/music/article/0,1299,DRMN_54_3704164,00.html

Songs from gig elusive

he "Under a Blood Red Sky" concert at Red Rocks is surely U2's most famous gig. So why is it so difficult to hear any of that music 22 years later?

Many fans assume that the Live: Under a Blood Red Sky EP that was issued after the show is full of live cuts from Red Rocks. It's not. Only two of its eight songs (Gloria and Party Girl) are from Red Rocks. The other songs come from different U.S. and European appearances.

The U2 Live at Red Rocks - Under a Blood Red Sky video is still in print. But at 12 songs and only 53 minutes long, it hardly captures the scope of the concert. (The Showtime special, where the concert first aired, had three songs not on the video.) What is believed to be an audio bootleg of the complete show clocks in at 19 songs and 84 minutes.

The video has never been released on DVD, though bootlegs abound.

Fans may get more; promoter Barry Fey says he recently signed paperwork at U2's request for the impending DVD release.

Finally, while the phrase "Under a blood red sky," from New Year's Day, has become permanently associated with Red Rocks, Bono never sang that line at the show. Taking note of the weather conditions, he changed it to "Under a thunder cloud and rain."

Can only hope it's the full concert. :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom