The 4 Disc DVD box due out this summer - details emerge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mofo23 said:
I'd have to agree with jick here.
I would highly doubt they'd release Sarajevo unless they REALLY played with the audio.

They just might. As several members of U2 have stated what great moment that concert was in the bands history. Bono voice did go out, but it is a very emotional charged show. I think it would be great to see the show to document a important moment for U2.

This bastard is prbably going to cost a lot but I'll buy it for sure!!! Damn, I can't wait to watch all of those in DVDs, I was just recently watching Zoo TV and the colors are starting to look weird. :huh: I hope they got a lot of extra stuff!!!! And the Dublin show as an extra is a perfect idea!!!!! I want it!!!!!! :hyper:

Let's have the Dublin show as a main disc. The Joshua Tree/Lovetown must be represented. Dump the Notre Dame show. Makes absolutely no sense to have that in the package. And bring on Santiago PopMart--PLEASE!!! I've never seen it.

The first three discs sound awsome, I dont know about Elevation ND, prehaps release a New York date, after 9/11.
I know they tried to film a NY date in October, but it didnt turn out.

xana dew said:
Let's have the Dublin show as a main disc. The Joshua Tree/Lovetown must be represented. Dump the Notre Dame show. Makes absolutely no sense to have that in the package. And bring on Santiago PopMart--PLEASE!!! I've never seen it.

Oh yeah, I would love to get a Lovetown show instead of the Notre Dame one, I mean theres already 2 oficial dvds out there from the Elevation Tour and no dvd for the Lovetwon Tour. Now I want a Lovetown dvd! :drool:

I don't think we'll see those rare shows officially released... There is a big difference between them and the shows that U2 had proffesionally filmed like Sydney and Mexico City. U2 bought in Ned O'Hanlon and the Dreamchaser production crew to film those shows. The other videos are just mixes of the screen feeds or were shot by local TV crews and not up to release standards, although they are great for fans to collect.

There are some Joshua Tree shows that could be released though, Phil Joanou's crew filmed quite a few full shows during the fall of '87 that are probably of much better quality than the LA or Syracuse show.

the olive said:
There are some Joshua Tree shows that could be released though, Phil Joanou's crew filmed quite a few full shows during the fall of '87 that are probably of much better quality than the LA or Syracuse show.

Definitely - why not release the full Tempe and Denver concerts? That would be amazing... :drool: Of course, the chances of that happening are slim to none.

I'm going to be the first 2 go on record and say that I think this list of concerts is bullshit. I think ZooTV Sydney and Red Rocks will definitely be released, but everything else is a crappy guess.

ImOuttaControl said:
I'm sorry, I just don't believe this (at least without any official word.)

The Red Rocks and ZooTV Sydney shows are a given with any future release IMO (although I'd much rather have ZooTV Dublin).

The Sarajevo show, while it meant a lot as we all know, just isn't a great U2 show. Bono's voice was shit; plain and simple. If you need evidence listen to the bootleg--Edge takes over singing a lot of the time because Bono lost his voice. I really really don't see them releasing this when they have the beautiful Santiago show, which is perfect IMO.

Elevation Notre Dame? I really don't see this either. I've got the bootleg dvd and must say that this is one of the most boring U2 concerts of the Elevation Tour. The only real standout is the first performance of "What's Going On." Also, this show wasn't professionally filmed professionally like the other shows. Every Elevation Tour show had 4 cameras; 1 fixed on each band member and displayed overhead. That's how the show was filmed and put over the web--I highly doubt they would release such sub-par video.

I have to agree with you and Jick on this one.

I love the idea of U2 putting out more concert DVD's. For years I've said that it seemed odd how a band known for their live shows have released precious few live CD's or DVD's.

However, it seems that some of the shows mentioned here are rather questionable. The rumor of the Sydney ZOO show on DVD has been around for ages - so I'm sure this will eventually happen. But we've already have 2 shows from Elevation - a surprising amount from U2. I welcome a third, but it doesn't seem as likely. I'd *adore* seeing a LoveTown tour show, but these shows haven't even surfaced as bootlegs yet - so will this really happen? And, lastly, as many have stated, while the PopMart Sarajevo show may seem inspirational, Bono lost his voice - so is this really the show to put on DVD?

I'm anxious to see if this rumor becomes reality in any form. Because if U2 do a GOOD DVD box set, fans will be delighted! I think U2 should do a DVD box set throwing in an official Vertigo DVD (as that is recent material) along with the older stuff. Have shows from the Boy Tour through Vertigo Tour - and try not to repeat (we don't need snippets of "Rattle & Hum", for example). Now that would be a good DVD box set! :yes:

Last edited:
While I'm not sure what to believe, I do think that bonosleftone has been mostly reliable. I know he has offered information before and while maybe it hasn't been right on the money, it has been in the general vicinity.

I'm bothered by Popmart - Sarajevo and Elevation - Notre Dame. While both were interesting shows I'm not sure either were standout enough to be included in this box set.

I would also like to see Popmart - Santiago, Chile and Lovetown - Dublin. That would be an incredible DVD Boxset. And trust me it won't cost $100. NO WAY!!!

I think I would be willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money just for the Dublin 12/31/89 show.

I also agree with doctorwho - it would make more sense to put a Vertigo DVD in there rather than yet another Elevation DVD. Surely they could have one produced by November, which is when they would probably want to put something like this out.

Well I gotta say ive heard the Popmart Sarejvo bottleg and it is awfull!

Some digital tweaking required on that I think.

Bono's Vox are the worst I have ever heard.

Notre damne not that clever either!

Do we really need a 3rd Elevation gig on dvd?:shrug:

Gimme ZooTV (Sydney) Popmart (Mexico) Red Rocks and another one containing Highlights of the Point Depot gigs in 89.

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
POP Mart Sarajevo? :huh: Didn't Bono's voice give out half way through the show?

Yes it does and it is one of the greatest concerts ever.

I've got the bootleg but I know at some point Bono asks the audience to lift him up and sing because he can't and then says like "Edge help!" at another.

It's such an emotional performance.

Also I don't want the prestine shows on DVD. Where's the live factor if the show is perfect? Obviously a 4 or 5 DVD set is for fans. If you want perfect audio, perfect vocals and perfect mixes they've already released those on the studio version.

Last edited:
I think there is potential this might come true as the Point Depot show was taped; I have streets from the live countdown. I'll go and watch it now. :hyper:

I just want to watch the rest of the show!

Bring on the DVD set!!!:drool:

Neenie said:
I think there is potential this might come true as the Point Depot show was taped; I have streets from the live countdown. I'll go and watch it now. :hyper:

I just want to watch the rest of the show!

Bring on the DVD set!!!:drool:

Neenie,

is there any hope that you would share this one with us ????

:drool:

mkdominatr said:
Sounds awesome but what do you think a box set like this would cost .....between 75 and 100$ i bet.....?

Think yourself lucky, it would cost twice that in the UK,

we're constantly getting ripped off over just about everything.

Aardvark747 said:
..although, in the Sarajevo gig, isnt that the one where they do 'Stand by Me' at the end or the start of ISHFWILF? I hope so.....cos that sounds.....:drool:

yes

He sings it pretty much accapella..

to be honest I prefer the full band zoo version,

Mofo, Gone and Even Better than the Real thing are great performances on the Sarajevo boot.

Bono's voice really does give way though , so Id be surprised if they did release it commercially, but still, it was one of their best.

(plus there's the rare performance of miss sarajevo)

dr.dae said:

Neenie,

is there any hope that you would share this one with us ????

:drool:

Uploading it now "Streets" 1989-12-31 Dublin video. Once that is finished in a couple of hours, San diego2 should be ready for me to download! :happy: :drool:

Last edited:
I call BS on this. No way will they release a 3rd Elevation DVD. Sydney and Red Rocks yes, Sarajevo I doubt and ND no way.

Back
Top Bottom