The 2 BIGGEST Grammy Travesties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You made my point for me, Popmartijn. How can an album that wins 7 Grammys miss the AotY award? I'm not realy complaining. It's just hard to comprehend. I think that most people here would at least ask "Why?".

The fact that it's now a 7x Grammy winner makes that question much more relevant?

I can't believe U2 lost 'Album of the year' that just made me very ARGH! I didn't care that they lose the othe catagories but for them to lose 'album of the year'
frown.gif
Damn the Grammy's to hell!

------------------
Love will make you mine...
Creep up from behind...
Get you jumping out of your skin...
Angel, it's sink or swim.

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Originally posted by rsanta74:
You made my point for me, Popmartijn. How can an album that wins 7 Grammys miss the AotY award? I'm not realy complaining. It's just hard to comprehend. I think that most people here would at least ask "Why?".

The fact that it's now a 7x Grammy winner makes that question much more relevant?

Because as a whole, it's not that great a record compared to past U2 efforts and compared to other nominees in this category. And before anyone's panties get all wadded up, I've been saying this here for the better part of the time I've been here. I like the album, but it's not their best one by a long shot. Sure, it's sold well, but that's no guarantee of quality. That Mariah Carey person sells shitloads of albums and she sucks big-time. So the sales figures don't mean crap when it comes to quality. Bee glad they ones the Grammies they got; four is fine, and Record of the Year for a single that wasn't even released in the US is fine, too.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Originally posted by martha: Bee glad they ones the Grammies they got; four is fine, and Record of the Year for a single that wasn't even released in the US is fine, too.

[/B]
?
Walk On was released in the US as a single over one year ago, but I don't think it got much airplay then. I believe that in order for a song to be nominated in that category, it has to be released as a single.

Originally posted by martha:
Sorry, but the O Brother soundtrack is a good record; all of the nominated albums were good.

martha, you are absolutely right on with this and your other comments.

I believe that a lot of people out there critisizing O Brother have not even listened to the CD. The same goes for Steely Dan last year. These are both very good CDS with excellent production values.

The fact that Actung Baby lost to Eric Clapton.....now THAT's a travesty

Originally posted by jezebel:
I believe that a lot of people out there critisizing O Brother have not even listened to the CD.

I confess I have only heard parts of it...however...I did not like what I heard.

I suppose I could be more open minded and give the entire album a listen though.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

O Brother Where Art Thou, the movie, was outstanding. I loved it. And the soundtrack really had a lot to do with why the movie was so good. It's a really good disc. Not that I'm not disappointed that it beat ATYCLB, but I can see how it could have happened with a Dylan/U2 vote split.

Originally posted by dipster:
Originally posted by martha: Bee glad they ones the Grammies they got; four is fine, and Record of the Year for a single that wasn't even released in the US is fine, too.
?
Walk On was released in the US as a single over one year ago, but I don't think it got much airplay then. I believe that in order for a song to be nominated in that category, it has to be released as a single.
[/B]

Did YOU buy the domestic single? I didn't, because it wasn't released here as a single. It was released to radio stations, but not to the public.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Back
Top Bottom