The 00's potential boring album of great songs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Some of the fan-favorites around here from the 00s era have been songs left off the albums---namely, Electrical Storm, Mercy, Summer Rain, Levitate.

Individually, I love each of these songs. However, I've been thinking that if they were all to end up on the same album, I wonder if that album would've ended up being extremely boring... All of these songs seem to have such a similar feel to them that, if played together, I wonder if they'd all sound pretty much the same. :hmm:

Just a thought...

Last edited:
How about?

MERCY

1. Electrical Storm – 4:39
2. The Ground Beneath Her Feet – 3:45
3. Stateless – 4:05
4. The Hands That Built America (Bono & Edge piano version) 3:36
5. North And South Of The River (Omagh Tribute version) - 4:16
6. Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes - 3:39
7. Smile – 3:16
8. Mercy – 6:31
9. Always – 3:46
10. Levitate – 5:08
11. Falling At Your Feet – 4:54
12. Never Let Me Go (Edit) 4:13

Removed first 1:22 of Never Let Me Go

U2Soar said:
How about?

MERCY

1. Electrical Storm – 4:39
2. The Ground Beneath Her Feet – 3:45
3. Stateless – 4:05
4. The Hands That Built America (Bono & Edge piano version) 3:36
5. North And South Of The River (Omagh Tribute version) - 4:16
6. Dreaming With Tears In My Eyes - 3:39
7. Smile – 3:16
8. Mercy – 6:31
9. Always – 3:46
10. Levitate – 5:08
11. Falling At Your Feet – 4:54
12. Never Let Me Go (Edit) 4:13

Removed first 1:22 of Never Let Me Go

I dunno. I definitely agree that they're all great songs. :yes: I guess what I'm saying is that they've all got this same quality to them--I don't know what it is---so that putting them all together makes it so that none of them really stand out. :shrug: But I'll have to put that playlist together & give it a shot!

^thanks--i will!

EDIT: Hey, I didn't have that---thanks, U2Soar! :hug: That is a great version. What's really cool about it is that both Bono & Edge are so crisp on it....a really clean live version. Awesome. :)

Last edited:
There are some good tunes. An albums worth:

Big Girls Are Best
Are You Gonna Wait Forever?
Flower Child
Love You Like Mad
The Hands That Built America
Always
Mercy
Neon Lights
Electrical Storm
Levitate
Stateless
Summer Rain
Xanax and Wine
Smile
The Ground Beneath Her Feet

This is the best order I could come up with. Nothing near flow. But some good songs.

Why do people like Smile so much? It's a dreadful song. Annoying, whiney vocal melody, and I think Edge comes up with better riffs while he's on the toilet, to be honest.

Canadiens1160 said:
Why do people like Smile so much? It's a dreadful song. Annoying, whiney vocal melody, and I think Edge comes up with better riffs while he's on the toilet, to be honest.

Ha! You're dead right.

Canadiens1160 said:

:up:

I really don't like Smile at all. I find it to be jaw numbingly boring.

Utoo said:
However, I've been thinking that if they were all to end up on the same album, I wonder if that album would've ended up being extremely boring... All of these songs seem to have such a similar feel to them that, if played together, I wonder if they'd all sound pretty much the same. :hmm:

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom