That's Mr Hewson to you Mister!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Peoples...

Does anyone know what the go is with Bono's name? Like, what does would his credit card say? Is he Bono on his passport? Did he get it legally changed? Surely there must be some legality to 'Bono' as the copyrights for songs are state 'Bono' and not Hewson. Anyone?

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

I think his legal name is still Paul Hewson. When Bono testified in court for Peter Buck he also sweared in under Paul David Hewson and not Bono. The same goes for The Edge. In an interview last year he said that only immigration officials called him Dave Evans (as that is the name on his passport), so his official name is still Dave Evans and not The Edge.

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

In Bill Flanagan's book, the credit card issue was addressed. Bono said he uses his initials and his last name (P D Hewson
or P Hewson) because he doesn't want the shop assistants calling him "Paul" when he buys things. He said it implies an intamicy that doesn't really exist.

Originally posted by Bulow:
In Bill Flanagan's book, the credit card issue was addressed. Bono said he uses his initials and his last name (P D Hewson
or P Hewson) because he doesn't want the shop assistants calling him "Paul" when he buys things. He said it implies an intamicy that doesn't really exist.

I remember that. That's exactly what I was going to say!

------------------
"We're one, but we're not the same..."

http://U2Baby.com

Originally posted by bono_man:
Surely there must be some legality to 'Bono' as the copyrights for songs are state 'Bono' and not Hewson.

Actually I thought about this one too. But the copyrights aren't like Lennon/McCartney, they're like a company. I wonder if they have stock holders....
wink.gif

------------------
Official member of S.C.

Originally posted by Niamh_Saoirse:
And Edgie is the only one who has an English passport.
smile.gif

I always wondered whether or not Adam and/or Edge were Irish citizens.

One of my best friends works at the Buenos Aires International Airport and she had the honour of having their passports in her hands!!1 ( Lucky b**...lol..jk!)
And she said that their passports obviously have their real names and that the pics were hilarious. And Edgie is the only one who has an English passport.
smile.gif

Flavia

I did a little search in ASCAP(The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers), and I found this, therefore the copyright should be under the name 'Paul David Hewson', right?

My experience with front-line ?the star? musicians is that most have split personalities. I believe that Paul Hewson and Bono are two very different people. Bono is the rockstar/politician, very spotlight driven and attention seeking. Paul is the father and husband who is loving and caring towards his family and friends. If you had the opportunity to meet both Bono and Paul you would clearly see the difference between the these two personalities.

------------------
Music is Bombastic!
Visit: www.bombasity.com
i am CANADIAN

Back
Top Bottom