"That's Life"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok.. how can I save this rather than just listen to it :rant:

Bono's voice :drool:

Sicy I can't save it either! :sad: :angry:

Headache, I think they mean it was redone for the movie, not written. it wasn't worded very well :sexywink:

Its pretty cool.. at the ballroom where I dance they always play "I've got you under my skin" of course, not the version with Bono.. but I always think about it when they play it. :sick:

Foxtrot.. :laugh:

I loved this from the first time I heard it.. I can't wait to get a good version on my harddisk. I don't know of any plans to release the soundtrack or anything, but they better!

Actually it's probably one of my fav songs ever right now. so catchy and beautiful and hummable and singable. and wow to bono's voice.

Last edited:
I Made the MP3!

I took the Windows Media file and converted it to an .mp3 file.

I'm not sure of the best place to upload this. I converted it to a 128 kbps file (only for size considerations). It is 3.56 MB.

If there is a good FTP site or if New Media is the best place to put it, I'll load it there. Let me know!

Sicy said:
Can you tell me how you did it? Then maybe I can try to do it in the future.

You can try to upload it to my site..

ftp://u2:mofo@sicy.serveftp.com/21000

A boy can't give all his secrets away, can he? :flirt:

Actually, I just used the recording software that came with my soundcard. I opened the Windows Media file on-line, and then told my recording software to record "what I hear" (it's an option).

That created a .wav file. I then used a program called "mp3 maker" to convert it to .mp3. Easy enough, no? :shrug:

Anyway... I tried to put the .mp3 into your FTP site originally, but every time I go to it, it says I do not have access to that site. So something is wrong (did you change security?).

Anyway, for now I put the file on a "geocities" page. I know these normally don't link well, so you may have to cut and paste.

First I'll try to link into the web site. Click here to get to the page with the song link.

If that doesn't work, just cut and paste the following:

http://www.geocities.com/doctoru2/thatslife.html?1044826436750

The link to the song is on that page.

It appears that everything is working, but let me know just in case. :wave:

Last edited:
Well.. I dont know. :p Earlier I didnt have the ftp on. Now I do.

I just downloaded it from you though. If anyone's interested its in the New Stuff folder.

Sicy said:
Well.. I dont know. :p Earlier I didnt have the ftp on. Now I do.

I just downloaded it from you though. If anyone's interested its in the New Stuff folder.

Maybe when I tried to access your site, it was still "off". But it's moot now. You have in on your site, they can get it from the little page I made - it's all good. :yes:

By the way, did it make sense how I made this .mp3? I literally used the recording software that came with the computer. I just played the Windows Media File of the song (the link was nicely provided in this thread), used the recording software to copy "what I hear" (an option available - I can also record from a microphone or other sources), which made a .wav file. Then I used software I bought (although I'm sure there's a lot you can download for free) to convert the .wav file to an .mp3.

Usually I don't bother doing this because by the time I get around to doing so, someone else has already made the .mp3 and it's on KaZaa. :yes:

Last edited:
I guess I dont get how you recorded it from the windows media file. I cant imagine you used "Sound Recorder" that comes with the computer. :huh:

Actually sound recorder does work, but (at least mine) only records for 50 seconds. But a program like sound recorder will help you record the song to wav, and then you convert it to mp3.

I have "Creative SoundBlaster" as the software for my soundcard (came with the computer). One of the programs bundled with it is simply called "recorder". When I use it, I just get a small little "box-like" window that allows me to play, record, etc. When recording, I have the option of recording from a .wav file or microphone or something called "what u hear". I chose the "what u hear" mode.

I then simply played the Windows Media File (from the link provided in this thread). As soon as the song began to play in the Windows Media Player, I hit record. "What I heard" was the song from the Media Player - and this is what was recorded (hence the name of the option - "what u hear"). The recorder allows for longer recordings (I haven't come across a time limit yet), so I was able to record the entire song. When the song was done playing in the Media Player, I just hit "stop" to end the recording.

That gave me a 43 MB .wav file format of the song, which was stored in a folder on my hard drive. Then, as I wrote above, I used the program "mp3 Maker" to convert the .wav file to .mp3 format. I bought "mp3 Maker", but again, as I wrote, I'm sure there are many out programs out there like this that you can download for free (shareware, etc.).

It's possible that you might have different software for your soundcard, which doesn't give you this recorder option. Or, as someone else wrote, the recorder only goes for 60 seconds or so. However, if you have Creative SoundBlaster, then you should have this additional "recorder" program.

I only made it a 128 kbps .mp3 for space considerations (instead of 192 kbps). If there are any "hiccups" in the song - this is how I heard it from the Windows Media Player.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom